Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

College Basketball Rules you would change.

Featured Replies

It's been a very long time since I've watched a college basketball game that hasn't been ruined or on the brink of ruination by horrendous officiating.

 

You yourself admitted the officials don't know how to properly call the charge rule. If you aren't able to properly do part of your job description, to me, it means you aren't any good at your job.

 

As far as middle school or high school basketball, I have no clue. It's been 10+ years since I've watched a second of either.

 

Ahh, but I didn't, you assumed from what I posted that I was referring to administration of a foul, block or charge.

 

I was referring in my statement to "the flop" and that most officials will not call a block on that particular situation unless it is putting the shooter in a dangerous situation. That's a different topic.

 

I think most employees make attempts to do their job well, according to the description, but rarely does a corporation have an employee that does everything 100% of the time accurately and flawlessly. That doesn't mean the employee is a bad employee or not good at their job, just as it doesn't mean that if the majority of employees perform in the same manner that the organization must be a mess because no one is performing 100%.

 

Officiating is not an absolute, just like every other profession.

 

I don't know what games you are watching but to over generalize and say "the majority" of officials suck and "a college basketball game that hasn't been ruined or on the brink of ruination by horrendous officiating." I believe puts you in a super minority of college basketball viewers.

 

....but I'm tired of this. I think I'll go see what I can find somewhere else. Thanks for humoring me for a while. (I still think it's sleep deprivation...:walk:)

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The majority of officials are hopelessly awful, so fat chance it ever changes.

 

Your level of confidence just makes your cluelessness on this subject even more enjoyable.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.