Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

College Basketball Rules you would change.

Featured Replies

Bilas has been pushing going to 4 ten minute quarters instead of two halves and resetting the "Bonus" after each quarter.

 

Dickie V has been wanting 6 fouls instead of 5.

 

Move the 3 point line to the NBA line?

 

One and Done (even though that is technically a NBA Rule) changed to something else?

 

Expand the tournament to 128?

 

Make the Final Four best 2 out of 3? Logistics be damned :lol2:

 

Any of these or something else in your mind?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarify block/charge rule, re-writing it to clearly favor the offensive player. It should be REALLY hard for a defensive player to draw a charge.

 

I also like changing to quarters and re-setting the bonus after each period.

  • Author
Clarify block/charge rule, re-writing it to clearly favor the offensive player. It should be REALLY hard for a defensive player to draw a charge.

 

I agree, during a shot attempt it should be really hard. Out on the floor I have no problem with how it's called now, too many guards pushing off the Defender to get space.

Clarify block/charge rule, re-writing it to clearly favor the offensive player. It should be REALLY hard for a defensive player to draw a charge.

 

This times eleventy billion.

I wouldn't mind 6 fouls.

 

3 point shot is perfect where it is at

 

Don't really care for the quarter idea.

And Bilas said at all levels the foul count restarts after each quarter. That is incorrect it doesn't reset after the 1st and 3rd quarter in HS.

4 quarters

 

6 fouls

 

not a fan of expanding the tournament, that's for sure.

4 quarters and 6 fouls are a must for me. I think it should be 6 fouls at all levels too and I love @Getslow 's ideas on charge/block I'm tired of seeing kids flopping to draw a charge. Drawing a charge has become a big part of the game and I don't think it should be.

Mens College B-ball is the only entity still playing halves I think. So 4 quarters.

 

I would be in favor of 6 fouls but on the 6th personal foul there should be a penalty. Maybe a one shot T assessed to the bench in addition to whatever the foul would normally result in.

So how would the block charge rule be written?

Clarify block/charge rule, re-writing it to clearly favor the offensive player. It should be REALLY hard for a defensive player to draw a charge.

 

I also like changing to quarters and re-setting the bonus after each period.

 

Perfect!

So how would the block charge rule be written?

If get rid of it all together.

I love it when a player sacrifices his body and takes a charge. That is much better than watching non-shot blockers trying to jump and block shots.

If get rid of it all together.

 

So you'd let a offensive player dribble right through a player standing still?

So how would the block charge rule be written?

 

I've been turning tha thing over in my head for a long time. The problem, in my mind, stems from how they define "legal guarding position" in Rule 4-17. All a defensive player has to do is be in place before a shooter leaves the ground. I'm still working on how to write the rule, but I'd like to see the attacking player be given even more space ahead of the moment of release.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.