Your thought on the Inaugural Speech

jericho

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I gained a lot of respect for @mountain ref because of his views on the environment. I had no idea until I read that he had such beliefs. I too consider myself a "republican" even though I hate that label. But the environment is a huge deal for me too and it's very uncommon to see fellow republicans with similar stances. It's also hard to make fellow republicans care about such issues as well as they just don't seem to get it. But props to you again.

I gained a lot of respect for @mountain ref because of his views on the environment. I had no idea until I read that he had such beliefs. I too consider myself a "republican" even though I hate that label. But the environment is a huge deal for me too and it's very uncommon to see fellow republicans with similar stances. It's also hard to make fellow republicans care about such issues as well as they just don't seem to get it. But props to you again.

I care about the economy, finacials, debt , deficit , and government waste. The EPA has done to much harm to all those things recently.

Loved the speech. I suppose with age and because of all the to-do surrounding Trump I actually listened, but I was ready to run through a wall for him after it was over. When he called out all politicians (not one party or the other) for time to put up or shut up, no way you couldn't love it.

It's been said Trump truly is an Independent that leased the Republican Party, and I hope that stays true. I hope he continues to call out people for not doing their job and for obstructing things he believes hurts our country and our citizens.

I care about the economy, finacials, debt , deficit , and government waste. The EPA has done to much harm to all those things recently.
I like fresh air and open space. Government waste is littered (see what I did there) all across Washington clean that up first before you start destroying the environment. Also see above post where I said fellow republicans are hard to appease on this issue because they just don't understand it.

I like fresh air and open space. Government waste is littered (see what I did there) all across Washington clean that up first before you start destroying the environment. Also see above post where I said fellow republicans are hard to appease on this issue because they just don't understand it.

No one wants to destroy the enviroment. But I want smart legislation that doesn't hurt the economy and jobs. I don't want endless government red tape that has no impact on the enviroment. I really don't want a government agency acting like congress and passing laws. We do not need unelected officals hurting our economy. To build on your statment on not understanding , if people don't understand that is what the EPA has turned into then they don't understand how the economy or government works.

No one wants to destroy the enviroment. But I want smart legislation that doesn't hurt the economy and jobs. I don't want endless government red tape that has no impact on the enviroment. I really don't want a government agency acting like congress and passing laws. We do not need unelected officals hurting our economy. To build on your statment on not understanding , if people don't understand that is what the EPA has turned into then they don't understand how the economy or government works.

I just want to see efforts made. I want people to care and realize it should be a priority.

I just want to see efforts made. I want people to care and realize it should be a priority.

The #1 priority should be getting jobs for Americans, fixing the inner city , fixing race relations , destroying ISIS , and protecting Americans from foreign threats. If you are saying enviromental goals should be above these we will never agree. As someone who works in a world dealing with influencers in every major sector in this country we can not allow the enviroment to become a money making enterprise to influence decision makers. That is exactly what is going on now. We can habe common sense legislation that stops enviromental destruction without putting people and businesses out of work.

The #1 priority should be getting jobs for Americans, fixing the inner city , fixing race relations , destroying ISIS , and protecting Americans from foreign threats. If you are saying enviromental goals should be above these we will never agree. As someone who works in a world dealing with influencers in every major sector in this country we can not allow the enviroment to become a money making enterprise to influence decision makers. That is exactly what is going on now. We can habe common sense legislation that stops enviromental destruction without putting people and businesses out of work.

I agree. But the problem is getting people to care. Not very many people on the right care. That's a problem. Awareness is my goal more than anything else. We can create awareness while also focusing on the issues you said.

I will confess I have never watched an Inauguration or the speech for any President. Never. Just words.

I haven't either! My co-workers gave me the whole peaceful transition of power spiel but I just kept working. While POTUS DJT is putting people back to work, I'm trying to keep him from having to find this working liberal a new job. :D