Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Livingston Central to consider football program

Featured Replies

They got plenty of money in Livingston, that will be the least problem.

 

Really? I thought it wasn't all that long ago when Livingston County showed up near the top of the poorest counties in the state.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I thought it wasn't all that long ago when Livingston County showed up near the top of the poorest counties in the state.

 

According to Wikipedia, they actually seem to have a pretty small amount of people below the federal poverty line. I wouldn't have thought that, and those numbers may be wrong, but it seems as if they are actually doing well financially.

According to Wikipedia, they actually seem to have a pretty small amount of people below the federal poverty line. I wouldn't have thought that, and those numbers may be wrong, but it seems as if they are actually doing well financially.

 

Maybe it was a list of WKY counties specifically they fell near the bottom. I know there are so many poor EKY counties the list is dominated at the top by them, one would have to be really poor to break into their ranks,

  • Author

The Smith family still have millions and give it to many causes. If they want football it will happen

The Smith family still have millions and give it to many causes. If they want football it will happen

 

There you go, that's pretty much what it takes.

The Smith family still have millions and give it to many causes. If they want football it will happen

 

Smith family as in the county seat, Smithland, is named for them? Or is that a coincidence?

 

I used to drive a truck and went through Livingston County on Hwy 60 from time to time. Very pretty place.

Having some area on the lake helps county and school revenues. Livingston County is a tale of the haves and have knots. There is the rural areas that make up most of the county then there is the lake area around Grand Rivers. Grand Rivers is one of the most unique places in KY

I wonder when they will make a decision about having football?

For all those kids like me who begged their parents to send them to a school that played football, I hope they get it as soon as possible. It sucks going to a school with limited sports opportunities. Especially those who were 6-3, 225 and half-decent athletically in their day. I hate that my parents didn't listen, or couldn't afford it, whatever was their reason. I might have actually had some high school success with girls if my school had football. Instead, they think of themselves as a "basketball school," despite the fact that they've been to the SW16 exactly once, back in 1959.

 

Guessing there's a lot of other kids like me at all these "basketball schools" around Ky wondering what might have been.

Great post @JimSchue I really hope Livingston Central is able to pull the trigger on this for the reasons you said above and other. I'd also like to see it potentially lead to other programs down that way doing the same thing...like Lyon County. Talk about a tax base from property...they have it as much as anybody down in the LBL area.

Great post @JimSchue I really hope Livingston Central is able to pull the trigger on this for the reasons you said above and other. I'd also like to see it potentially lead to other programs down that way doing the same thing...like Lyon County. Talk about a tax base from property...they have it as much as anybody down in the LBL area.

 

Harry, I know you know people all over the place. Curious if there has been much of a history of kids from Livingston and Lyon transferring to places like Crittenden, Caldwell, and Trigg to play football?

Harry, I know you know people all over the place. Curious if there has been much of a history of kids from Livingston and Lyon transferring to places like Crittenden, Caldwell, and Trigg to play football?

 

I really haven't heard much about that coming from Livingston County, but I do know that Lyon County has lost some kids to Caldwell and Trigg over the years (Caldwell in particular).

 

They might not have transferred while in high school, but they did before hand.

 

I can try and find out some specifics.

Cumberland County (Burkesville/South Central KY/TN Line/Dale Hollow Lake) is another one that has had talks about it before and has had some interest. As a matter of fact, they have (or did have) a little league at one point despite not having a high school program.

Cumberland County (Burkesville/South Central KY/TN Line/Dale Hollow Lake) is another one that has had talks about it before and has had some interest. As a matter of fact, they have (or did have) a little league at one point despite not having a high school program.

 

I'd have to look back at my records, but I want to think Cumberland County fielded teams for a few years in the 1960s and 1970s.

I'd have to look back at my records, but I want to think Cumberland County fielded teams for a few years in the 1960s and 1970s.

 

I wasn't aware of that. If anybody would know; it's you!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.