Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Coaches in your Region

Featured Replies

Thread had been a little dead.

 

Would like to hear opinions.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16th has several good coaches don't want to try and list them because I may leave someone out, but it has some very good baseball minds.

Eighth Region I would say Roberts at SK. Ninth Region I would say Krumpelbeck at CovCath. Tenth Region I would say Trame at Scott.

16th has several good coaches don't want to try and list them because I may leave someone out, but it has some very good baseball minds.

 

I actually think baseball may be the best sport the region has. There are many competitive teams from top to bottom and in every district and it is producing some players at the next level.

Eighth Region I would say Roberts at SK. Ninth Region I would say Krumpelbeck at CovCath. Tenth Region I would say Trame at Scott.

 

Mac Whitaker only has 1,064 wins.... He's probably not the best coach in the 10th...

Mac Whitaker only has 1,064 wins.... He's probably not the best coach in the 10th...

 

Career wise, yes it would be Whitaker. Over the last 5 years or so, definitely Trame.

Career wise, yes it would be Whitaker. Over the last 5 years or so, definitely Trame.

 

Past 5 years:

 

Record

Harrison Co. 131-54

Scott 106-79

 

Head to Head

Harrison Co. leads 6-4

 

Regional Titles

Harrison Co. 1

Scott 2

 

District Titles

Harrison Co. 5

Scott 2

Past 5 years:

 

Record

Harrison Co. 131-54

Scott 106-79

 

Head to Head

Harrison Co. leads 6-4

 

Regional Titles

Harrison Co. 1

Scott 2

 

District Titles

Harrison Co. 5

Scott 2

 

You can't even compare districts or schedules in this equation. Scott's is much tougher, plus they play all the tough 9th region teams in the area. And Scott has been the underdog almost all of those 5 years. I'd also say Scott has been the fundamentally better team over those 5 years.

 

I'm not trying to discredit Whitaker at all. He's definitely a legend.

I don't think you can have this discussion without including Baioni (HHS) in the 9th.

In the ninth region I don't think it is even close. Jeremy Baioni is by far the best coach in NKy period. Wasn't he the state coach of the year two years ago? He has turned around a horrible baseball program at Highlands to be one of the best year in and year out. Jeremy is passionate and is always learning how to make his kids better. Trust me Jeremy wasn't chosen to help coach the KY Team in the Futures Games for no reason. The guy flat out gets it done!!

Although he does not get the accolades for regional titles Rob Sanders at Bellevue is one of the top coaches in the 9th region and year in and year out maximizes his talent. He is able to be competitive with larger programs despite being at such a small school and not having very many (if any) players playing select baseball.

Although he does not get the accolades for regional titles Rob Sanders at Bellevue is one of the top coaches in the 9th region and year in and year out maximizes his talent. He is able to be competitive with larger programs despite being at such a small school and not having very many (if any) players playing select baseball.

 

Rob is great at squeezing the most out of his teams year in and year out. Big schools can count on his teams never laying down, and having to play fundamentally sound to beat them!

I don't think you can have this discussion without including Baioni (HHS) in the 9th.

 

Hands down the best coach in the region over the last few yrs.

Eighth Region I would say Roberts at SK. Ninth Region I would say Krumpelbeck at CovCath. Tenth Region I would say Trame at Scott.

 

LOL, What? How can you possibly even consider Trame in comparison to HOFer's Mac Whitaker or Nelson Faris... Wow, I don't get it.

9th Region - Hands down Baioni. He doesn't just coach a team. He understands that in order to build a PROGRAM, you have to do it from the ground up. This is one of the biggest reasons Highlands has had their recent run of success. IMO they will continue to be the top team in the 9th region as long as he is there.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.