Best Coaches in your Region

Bandit29

I agree that there are many good coaches in the 16th Region but I believe the combination of Greg & Steve Logan at Greenup is at the top of this list. Since they have took over that program has took a huge up swing and been very consistent even in the years they have a "dip" in talent.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, What? How can you possibly even consider Trame in comparison to HOFer's Mac Whitaker or Nelson Faris... Wow, I don't get it.

What if? Say with me. Just maybe, what if the talent isn't equal at 2 schools and players are more responsible for wins than coaches? :eek:I know, right? MIND BLOWN.

5th Region

Don Pitts of Elizabethtown and Todd Thompson of Central Hardin have been the kings as of late.

Eric Allen of LaRue County has done an outstanding job. I hope he and the Hawks win the region this year, and they can. They have gone through some big time growing pains in recent years. They finally broke through last year, and I expect that to be even better this year and in 2018.

This 2017 and 2018 classes at LaRue County are full of multi sport kids; some are even three sport athletes. Many of them have been starting on all of their respected teams there since they were all freshmen (or 8th graders).

The 16th has to have Greg and Steve Logan at the top . 5 region championships in 10 years , I think 2 L`s in region championship game. been to state final 4 , 3 times. got up to #6 in USA today poll last year . A hole lot in just 10 years.

Rowan Co Keith Prater is a really good coach , was at Lewis Co a few years. His only problem has been Greenup, or would have a Region or 2..

#3 Boyd CO

#4 East Carter.

I also think Baseball is the 16th best sport .

What Shawn Hall has done at Johnson Central is really impressive. Baseball coaches get paid very little in eastern key and you usually have to rely on former players to makeup a coaching staff. Even then you are lucky to have two or three assistants that are there everyday. Compare that to a head coaches with six or so coaches and a completely separate JV team, and it puts into perspective how good you have to be to compete. Practice looks a lot different with 30 kids than it does with 15.

What about that coach at Bracken Co, I think he has won a couple districts recently.

I came here to say this. He has several district titles under his belt, and his kids play a really smart brand of Baseball. He's not won the regions to stack up with Mac and Trame, but I'd want him coaching my kid any time.

scooter charles...... bracken....one of the nicest men you will meet. class act. fine coach!

Easily the best coach at this point in the 10th and one of the best in the state IMHO. Not sure many here knew where the baseball field was before Coach Charles starting steering the ship.

5th Region

Don Pitts of Elizabethtown and Todd Thompson of Central Hardin have been the kings as of late.

Eric Allen of LaRue County has done an outstanding job. I hope he and the Hawks win the region this year, and they can. They have gone through some big time growing pains in recent years. They finally broke through last year, and I expect that to be even better this year and in 2018.

This 2017 and 2018 classes at LaRue County are full of multi sport kids; some are even three sport athletes. Many of them have been starting on all of their respected teams there since they were all freshmen (or 8th graders).

I think in the 5th Region you could also put Roger Robinson from Bethlehem in the talk.