Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Coaches in your Region

Featured Replies

I agree that there are many good coaches in the 16th Region but I believe the combination of Greg & Steve Logan at Greenup is at the top of this list. Since they have took over that program has took a huge up swing and been very consistent even in the years they have a "dip" in talent.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta put Jody Hamilton from west jessamine in there

Someone I haven't seen on the list from Region 15, Shawn Hall.

What about that coach at Bracken Co, I think he has won a couple districts recently.

LOL, What? How can you possibly even consider Trame in comparison to HOFer's Mac Whitaker or Nelson Faris... Wow, I don't get it.

 

What if? Say with me. Just maybe, what if the talent isn't equal at 2 schools and players are more responsible for wins than coaches? :eek:I know, right? MIND BLOWN.

I would say Jeff Bowles and Craig Sharpe from Bullitt East in the 6th region.

5th Region

Don Pitts of Elizabethtown and Todd Thompson of Central Hardin have been the kings as of late.

 

Eric Allen of LaRue County has done an outstanding job. I hope he and the Hawks win the region this year, and they can. They have gone through some big time growing pains in recent years. They finally broke through last year, and I expect that to be even better this year and in 2018.

 

This 2017 and 2018 classes at LaRue County are full of multi sport kids; some are even three sport athletes. Many of them have been starting on all of their respected teams there since they were all freshmen (or 8th graders).

I hear the baseball coach at Glasgow is well respected by his peers.

The 16th has to have Greg and Steve Logan at the top . 5 region championships in 10 years , I think 2 L`s in region championship game. been to state final 4 , 3 times. got up to #6 in USA today poll last year . A hole lot in just 10 years.

Rowan Co Keith Prater is a really good coach , was at Lewis Co a few years. His only problem has been Greenup, or would have a Region or 2..

#3 Boyd CO

#4 East Carter.

I also think Baseball is the 16th best sport .

What Shawn Hall has done at Johnson Central is really impressive. Baseball coaches get paid very little in eastern key and you usually have to rely on former players to makeup a coaching staff. Even then you are lucky to have two or three assistants that are there everyday. Compare that to a head coaches with six or so coaches and a completely separate JV team, and it puts into perspective how good you have to be to compete. Practice looks a lot different with 30 kids than it does with 15.

What about that coach at Bracken Co, I think he has won a couple districts recently.

 

I came here to say this. He has several district titles under his belt, and his kids play a really smart brand of Baseball. He's not won the regions to stack up with Mac and Trame, but I'd want him coaching my kid any time.

scooter charles...... bracken....one of the nicest men you will meet. class act. fine coach!

scooter charles...... bracken....one of the nicest men you will meet. class act. fine coach!

 

Easily the best coach at this point in the 10th and one of the best in the state IMHO. Not sure many here knew where the baseball field was before Coach Charles starting steering the ship.

5th Region

Don Pitts of Elizabethtown and Todd Thompson of Central Hardin have been the kings as of late.

 

Eric Allen of LaRue County has done an outstanding job. I hope he and the Hawks win the region this year, and they can. They have gone through some big time growing pains in recent years. They finally broke through last year, and I expect that to be even better this year and in 2018.

 

This 2017 and 2018 classes at LaRue County are full of multi sport kids; some are even three sport athletes. Many of them have been starting on all of their respected teams there since they were all freshmen (or 8th graders).

 

I think in the 5th Region you could also put Roger Robinson from Bethlehem in the talk.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.