2017 Covington Catholic Football Schedule

theguru

They didn't win anything last year either. Beating HHS in 2016 was no accomplishment. We'll see what the future holds.

I don't think the CCH fan base is as delusional as you may think. I certainly haven't seen the fan base on BGP claim superiority over other NKY programs, especially the Boone County schools. Are there exceptions? Sure, but it's a very small number - EVERY school has them.

Moving on...

Well for many, beating HHS last year was the monkey many wanted to finally get off their backs.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeSales will be solid again, but has some questions on both lines. They lose a bunch of talent, but return a lot too... as usual.

Brian Asamoah and Ty Van Fossen are both 3 star recruits that return, with I believe 10 and 8 offers respectively.

Kings is always a solid program, and like said before should win 7 games with their schedule.

Not sure of any big names, maybe somebody with more knowledge of Cincinnati could help with that.

Nope. Never said that as that is one tired myth always brought up by HHS and CCH fans. Show us the proof that that has been the case and I'd take it back. Seeing how Ryle has played HHS going back years and if they were willing to play HHS they surely weren't afraid to play CCH who was never at HHS caliber the last decade. Maybe schools like Ryle and Cooper and others were waitin for CCH to build up their program to make it worth while. I've never seen any proof that over the years CCH asking Cooper to play.

I was just asking the question regarding CCH - I have no idea whatsoever about their past scheduling. I just noticed that this year, they are not playing a big time school from Cincy as they have normally done in the past. As I said, I was not trying to stir the pot...I was just curious. Regarding HHS, they have IN THE PAST had trouble getting SOME schools in NKY to play them...hence games in Ohio and long drives in Ky. That has obviously not been a problem in recent years.

Again, I am not trying to start a debate. I was just trying to get information on the CCH schedule.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Scrimmage [/TD]

[TD]NewCath [/TD]

[TD]Home [/TD]

[TD]7:00 [/TD]

[TD]Friday, August 11, 2017[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]Ryle[/TD]

[TD]Home[/TD]

[TD]7:00[/TD]

[TD]Friday, August 18, 2017[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]LexCath (Bluegrass Bowl)[/TD]

[TD]LexCath[/TD]

[TD]8:45[/TD]

[TD]Friday, August 25, 2017[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Cooper[/TD]

[TD]Home[/TD]

[TD]Friday, September 01, 2017[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]Kings (OH)[/TD]

[TD]Away[/TD]

[TD]Friday, September 08, 2017[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Beechwood[/TD]

[TD]Away[/TD]

[TD]Friday, September 15, 2017[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]St. Francis DeSales (OH)[/TD]

[TD]Home[/TD]

[TD]Friday, September 22, 2017[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 3] BYE WEEK[/TD]

[TD]Friday, September 29, 2017[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]Bishop Chatard (IN)[/TD]

[TD]Home[/TD]

[TD]Friday, October 06, 2017[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]Highlands[/TD]

[TD]Home[/TD]

[TD]Friday, October 13, 2017[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Dixie Heights[/TD]

[TD]Away[/TD]

[TD]Friday, October 20, 2017[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]Campbell County[/TD]

[TD]Away[/TD]

[TD]Friday, October 27, 2017[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I have seen Chatard and Desales play over the years. Two VERY good programs...in most years, would be favored to beat CCH...who knows this coming year though. I am also intrigued about the Kings game. Solid program the last decade...should be a good game. I think this is a very solid, challenging schedule for CCH...

I was just asking the question regarding CCH - I have no idea whatsoever about their past scheduling. I just noticed that this year, they are not playing a big time school from Cincy as they have normally done in the past. As I said, I was not trying to stir the pot...I was just curious. Regarding HHS, they have IN THE PAST had trouble getting SOME schools in NKY to play them...hence games in Ohio and long drives in Ky. That has obviously not been a problem in recent years.

Again, I am not trying to start a debate. I was just trying to get information on the CCH schedule.

I think the reasoning is two fold.

1. I really do believe the competition in NKY has improved a lot in the last 5+ years so CCH can now start scheduling teams in their own backyard more which helps everyone involved.

2. They couldn't keep scheduling GCL type of schools because the beat downs weren't really helping them out at all. Wether it be emotionally or physically, they were getting destroyed and coming out no better than they went into the games.

• 3 months later...