Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Microwave Oven Is 30 Years Old!

Featured Replies

If it's not microwaved or grilled, I rarely cook it. 95% of my cooking is in the microwave or on the grill. If I could fit a frozen pizza in my toaster oven, I may not ever need a regular oven.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's older so probably not.

 

Thanks LA, your day is a comin'. (And yes, I had no idea what he was posting about)

I like your response. But do you know the song I was referring to?

 

Sorry, I didn't have a clue!

If it's not microwaved or grilled, I rarely cook it. 95% of my cooking is in the microwave or on the grill. If I could fit a frozen pizza in my toaster oven, I may not ever need a regular oven.

 

Ahhh! Toaster Oven, now THAT I like to use.

Thanks LA, your day is a comin'. (And yes, I had no idea what he was posting about)

 

Hey, I didn't say you were old; just that you were older! Big difference! :p

Hey, I didn't say you were old; just that you were older! Big difference! :p

 

Oh! Let's insert "wiser" for "older".

I like your response. But do you know the song I was referring to?

 

Papaw is the microwave person in our family. If I'm cooking I hardly ever use it. But the big reveal, what is the song? I'm more wise also or maybe here lately just old. Maybe a hint?

 

Now I remember.

  • Author

So the microwave oven that I got in 1986 that prompted me to start this thread last year when it had turned 30 (and from a search; also a different thread when it was 28 because I was just so damned impressed with it)... just bit the dust. :cry:

 

When I hit the start button it made some quick weird grinding buzzing noise that it never had before, and with that...poof...gone. :cry:

 

I opened the door, and it had an electrical burning smell. I tried a few times to revive it, but to no avail... this amazing long term reliable buddy of mine was a goner, and after shedding a few tears and bowing my head to say a prayer, I reluctantly laid it to rest among the garbage receptacles outside. It really deserved a more formal and respectable send off, but what was I to do? :idunno:

 

Thank you Sanyo Microwave Oven with a basic timer dial w/ no digital read out that originally cost $99. You've seen me through each and every one of my dwelling places throughout my entire adult life.... :cry::cry:He would have turned 31 this Christmas. :cry::cry:

 

I've had a back-up in storage for about 12 years where the box had never been opened, and while it's brand spanking new, and pretty with all the bells and whistles, You... my Sanyo can never be replaced.

 

I'm sure I'll take good care of the new one, and hopefully it will take good care of me, (but I highly doubt for 30 years, though that's just between me and you as I'll never tell it that :sssh:).

 

I'll be sure to tell it all about you and your record breaking hey day. Hopefully it will be encouraged and inspired to follow your steadfastness and longevity.

 

I'm sure gonna miss you, you old son of a gun. Rest in peace in your new home among all the other retired kitchen appliances, but you hold your head up high because you won't have to take a back seat to any of them. You've got many memorable stories to tell, and I've no doubt they'll be gathering at your feet in amazement to hear them all.

 

Goodnight my good buddy... Goodnight and sleep tight. :cry:

We were given a used microwave (counter top model) about 25 years ago by my in-laws. It was around 7 years old then. We got a bigger counter top model we used for a while and gave it away. We replaced it with an over the range model that was a bit larger. It bit the dust after 9 years. We replaced that one with another and it's starting to die an even quicker death as it's only 7 years old, the control board is about shot. Meanwhile, the microwave we got from the in-laws is still working like a champ and it gets used by multiple people daily at my wife's workplace. They just don't make them like that anymore.

So the microwave oven that I got in 1986 that prompted me to start this thread last year when it had turned 30 (and from a search; also a different thread when it was 28 because I was just so damned impressed with it)... just bit the dust. :cry:

 

When I hit the start button it made some quick weird grinding buzzing noise that it never had before, and with that...poof...gone. :cry:

 

I opened the door, and it had an electrical burning smell. I tried a few times to revive it, but to no avail... this amazing long term reliable buddy of mine was a goner, and after shedding a few tears and bowing my head to say a prayer, I reluctantly laid it to rest among the garbage receptacles outside. It really deserved a more formal and respectable send off, but what was I to do? :idunno:

 

Thank you Sanyo Microwave Oven with a basic timer dial w/ no digital read out that originally cost $99. You've seen me through each and every one of my dwelling places throughout my entire adult life.... :cry::cry:He would have turned 31 this Christmas. :cry::cry:

 

I've had a back-up in storage for about 12 years where the box had never been opened, and while it's brand spanking new, and pretty with all the bells and whistles, You... my Sanyo can never be replaced.

 

I'm sure I'll take good care of the new one, and hopefully it will take good care of me, (but I highly doubt for 30 years, though that's just between me and you as I'll never tell it that :sssh:).

 

I'll be sure to tell it all about you and your record breaking hey day. Hopefully it will be encouraged and inspired to follow your steadfastness and longevity.

 

I'm sure gonna miss you, you old son of a gun. Rest in peace in your new home among all the other retired kitchen appliances, but you hold your head up high because you won't have to take a back seat to any of them. You've got many memorable stories to tell, and I've no doubt they'll be gathering at your feet in amazement to hear them all.

 

Goodnight my good buddy... Goodnight and sleep tight. :cry:

 

 

 

A 390- word eulogy to a microwave !!!! :no:

 

  • Author
Sorry for your loss. Death awaits us all.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63864[/ATTACH]

 

Thanks man... I appreciate your kind words.

 

It lived a good life and didn't suffer any long agonizing battles, so I can take solace in that. I'll cherish all the wonderful memories of reheated left overs and frozen microwavable dinners.

 

I just wish that I could've been able to hear that "ding" sound just one more time.....:cry: just...(sniff sniff)...just one more time...:cry:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.