Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it cheating?

Featured Replies

  • Author
I can go along with that. But in no way, shape, or form is it cheating. Coaches did just fine before there was a Riherd's Scoreboard.

 

Even if the coaches have the stats and purposefully do not post them?

I don't know why coaches wait. It would be hard putting in 8+ games at one time. Like back in my college days where you have weeks to do it and end up doing it the night before

Even if the coaches have the stats and purposefully do not post them?

 

I agree that coaches should post stats. Just not on board that it is cheating.

I know of one coach in NKY a few years ago who purposely didnt post his team's stats because he didnt want other teams having the percentages and numbers for his players.

 

I see no problem with it. If a coach wants to gameplan for an opposing team, go out and scout them.

Even some reporting are only showing one or two games played, even though they have played a half-dozen.

 

Many rosters on the KHSAA site are inaccurate or incomplete.

I don't think in any way this can be considered "cheating", however, it certainly seems extremely unprofessional in an environment where 90% of the schools are providing stats as they have been directed by the KHSAA. Certainly, if I'm coaching against you, I want to know the same level of detail about your team that you know about mine. Who should I foul late in the game? Knowing that three of your starters hit 70+% and two of them are barely making 50% would certainly be helpful. And while scouting is certainly incumbent upon each coach, the fact is that you might scout 2-3 games - and not see what the stats will tell you is the actual truth.

 

It may not be a big enough issue to actually tilt the outcome of many games, but it's the age-old game of withholding any information a coach can in order to minimize the value gained by an opponent.

 

And of course, as a broadcaster, I am always disappointed to see no stats posted... it detracts from the product we can produce. I was really disappointed to do a recent tournament and find one of the biggest schools in Lexington hadn't posted the first thing online.....so it's not just the little schools with limited resources.

Cheating seems like a strong word, but if it gives an intentional advantage, it's cheating. I understand if a school did not have the resources, but, to have the stats and not report them equals cheating.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.