Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it cheating?

Featured Replies

If a team is not recording stats onto the KHSAA website on purpose, is it cheating?

 

In the NKY area, I've noticed Augusta, Dayton, and Williamstown all do not report stats. Maybe cheating is a harsh word, but it absolutely gives a team a competitive advantage. Why would any team report stats if they do not have to?

I think there is a KHSAA Fine for schools that don't report them in a timely manner, or at least there is supposed to be.

I don't see it as cheating, just lazy coaches or coaches that don't like be told what to do maybe.

Not cheating but in professional.

 

Yes there are supposed to be fines given to schools not reporting.

Cheating is a very harsh word to use here. I don't think any school is not posting stats to try to gain some advantage. The three schools you identify are very small schools, which is a common trait among the schools that don't post their stats very quickly. These are schools with a small number of coaches and small number of persons involved in athletics administration. They are not cheaters, nor are they lazy or unprofessional. Rather, they are overwhelmed and trying to do a lot of things without much help.

 

Of course, there are many small schools who get their stats posted quickly. I applaud them. But I am not going to accuse others of cheating because they may not get the stats posted as quickly as you would like.

 

If you need to scout one of those teams, you can always go watch them play. Which, by the way, is not something the small schools with small or non-existent staffs get to do very much.

If W'town is on the list is that making ppl ask if Lloyd may have played certain kids different had the coaches had the numbers? I honestly don't think so. I don't know how or if Lloyd prepares for teams but I would guess they would rather be watching game film of them.

What kind of a competitive advantage could a school gain by not posting stats? None.

I know some members of the media are frustrated because they don't have any stats to report.

What kind of a competitive advantage could a school gain by not posting stats? None.

 

Not arguing with what you say in the surface. But it would be nice to know how well a teams shoots 3's Rebounds etc... that being said is if you don't scout your opponent. It's hard in high school with limited time and budgets to scout an opponent a lot.

 

With that said, if a coach does his homework he will know his opponents. But I would still like the same level of access to my stats as they do mine

Several small school with only three total coaches have one of those coaches do stats from the bench during the game. Seems like all schools could do this much.

The KHSAA sent out a notice last week indicating it was going to start accumulating stats this week and reminding schools of the posting of stats being required and the potential fines for failure to do so. My guess is that you will see some catch up this week.

The KHSAA sent out a notice last week indicating it was going to start accumulating stats this week and reminding schools of the posting of stats being required and the potential fines for failure to do so. My guess is that you will see some catch up this week.

 

Correct, it said fines would be doubled but do not know what the fine is. KHSAA said it was an advantage for the team not recording stats. Being a stat guy, I wish all teams would report cause it makes my job a lot easier.

  • Author
If W'town is on the list is that making ppl ask if Lloyd may have played certain kids different had the coaches had the numbers? I honestly don't think so. I don't know how or if Lloyd prepares for teams but I would guess they would rather be watching game film of them.

 

Do you think it would help if Lloyd knew 3 point percentages? Perhaps who to foul at the end of the game? While I am not a coach, these would certainly help coaches in situations.

Small schools are definitely at a disadvantage but it's not only small schools that don't report at times.

Do you think it would help if Lloyd knew 3 point percentages? Perhaps who to foul at the end of the game? While I am not a coach, these would certainly help coaches in situations.

 

I can go along with that. But in no way, shape, or form is it cheating. Coaches did just fine before there was a Riherd's Scoreboard.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.