Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

De'Von Cooper ruled ineligible

Featured Replies

I hate it for De'von he is a great kid. I have seen a lot worse examples were kids have transferred and allowed to play. He moved out of state to play for a year, but came back to the same school he left. I think the ruling is a joke, but I do know De'Von am a little biased.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it for De'von he is a great kid. I have seen a lot worse examples were kids have transferred and allowed to play. He moved out of state to play for a year, but came back to the same school he left. I think the ruling is a joke, but I do know De'Von am a little biased.
Is this the initial ruling or the appeal?
  • Author

It is the appeal. He can take it to the commissioner as the last option.

That makes 2 big Louisville area kids that was ruled ineligible. I am wondering if JCPS is starting to push the ISSUE.

Trace Young is eligible.....let that sink in

Trace Young is eligible.....let that sink in
This may actually help shed some light on why Cooper is ineligible. Trace Young is eligible after the KOB and if I am not mistaken that will be a year from the date that he last played at his prep school. If Cooper played the whole season at the prep school then I see why they ruled him ineligible. Jaylen Beckham comes to mind when I think how the KHSAA has handled prep school transfers in the past. He had to sit out a year also and was eligible to play the last semester of his senior year at Bryan Station.
  • Author
Trace Young is eligible.....let that sink in

 

That was exactly my thoughts. Not even similar to Sloan who returned to the city but tried to go to a different school then his home school.

 

Wow had to edit that post.... it was all kind of messed up. Rules are the rules just hate it for him.

I understand the rule, but it doesn't make any sense to me. Kid goes to a school, leaves for a year, comes back to the same school...why shouldn't he be eligible?

I understand the rule, but it doesn't make any sense to me. Kid goes to a school, leaves for a year, comes back to the same school...why shouldn't he be eligible?
I agree. I've never understood it but the KHSAA has been consistent when transfers involving prep schools have taken place. At least it appears that way.

He probably would have been eligible at his home school but he enrolled at another school.

 

Is that accurate? I read it on Facebook

  • Author
He probably would have been eligible at his home school but he enrolled at another school.

 

Is that accurate? I read it on Facebook

 

Waggener was the school he transferred from and went back to, as far as I know that is his home school.

He probably would have been eligible at his home school but he enrolled at another school.

 

Is that accurate? I read it on Facebook

 

Sort of. He took advantage of open enrollment by going to Waggener as a freshman. So the assumption was that he could come back and go there. The irony is that he could be eligible at a 3rd school.

The reason Trace Young was ruled elidigible after going to Huntington prep was when you are at Huntington you actually attend school at st joes. Therefore it is considered club ball. He was ruled elidigible when he was at cordia. Then over the summer I guess he saw greener pastures.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.