Trump saves a thousand jobs in Indiana

Except they didn't make the market more attractive, they promised incentives (that we aren't clear on yet) to one hand-picked business. If Carrier stayed because of Trump's proposed economic I would be inclined to agree with your logic.

At any rate, I'm very happy for these employees and I'm having fun making sense of Republicans' newfound support of government meddling in the economy. :lol2:

There needs to have been some meddling some time ago. Going on 20 Trillion. Is that good enough reason? I am amazed that Trump saved 1000 jobs and is getting hammered. You cant make this stuff up.

Let me say this. You liberals keep this thought process. See what happens. Years and years of losses.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can that be illegal? He only called out Carrier while he was campaigning and said he was going to put a tariff on them if they continued to outsource jobs. Surely if it was illegal he would have been called out about it during his campaign when he stated what he was going to do publicly.

Well everyone was so busy worrying about the Hillary Victory Coronation, to call him out on EVERYTHING he said during the campaign...and he said a lot :lol2:

They did this on West Wing, so maybe it is legal to threaten to pull signed contracts...who knew.

Except they didn't make the market more attractive, they promised incentives (that we aren't clear on yet) to one hand-picked business. If Carrier stayed because of Trump's proposed economic I would be inclined to agree with your logic.

At any rate, I'm very happy for these employees and I'm having fun making sense of Republicans' newfound support of government meddling in the economy. :lol2:

You are really reaching . Trump can't sign a bill until Jan 20th. Government getting out of the way lowering taxes and giving tax incentives is a core Fiscal conservative ideal. Government is to big. Anything that keeps money in the private sector is a win in my book.

I predict an across the board plan similar to what is offered to Carrier very early in 2017 from the GOP congress. But for the time being Trump was setting a precedent. Jobs will be fought for now.

And how the Democrats are finding ways to be against it :dancingpa

Here is a question for all to end the negative on Trump on this deal:

Where was Obama? Where was all the other leaders? Why was nobody doing anything to save these jobs? Did anyone besides Trump try to save them? Ill bet you there are alot of new Trump supporters that work in Carrier at that plant. They dont care about anything other than we are keeping our job and he did what he said he would. Care to give him just a little credit?

I said I have mixed emotions on this. Cool he saved their jobs but I want to see the fine print and I want to know how he did it. And I want to know if he is going to do this for EVERY American job or just the ones that have federal money involved in his VP's home state.

Minor coincidence. I get it.

And how the Democrats are finding ways to be against it :dancingpa

It's not that hard at all. Trump makes it way too easy for those who don't follow his every word and move hook, line and sinker.

Hooray....he saved 1,000 American jobs. Doesn't matter how. He delivered on a promise. Woooooohoooooo!!!!!!! He's making America great again!!!!!!

I said I have mixed emotions on this. Cool he saved their jobs but I want to see the fine print and I want to know how he did it. And I want to know if he is going to do this for EVERY American job or just the ones that have federal money involved in his VP's home state.

Minor coincidence. I get it.

I really think he is going to try to help us all. If I didnt believe that I would be hammering him. Lets say I hope he helps all people like he said he would.

It's not that hard at all. Trump makes it way too easy for those who don't follow his every word and move hook, line and sinker.

Hooray....he saved 1,000 American jobs. Doesn't matter how. He delivered on a promise. Woooooohoooooo!!!!!!! He's making America great again!!!!!!

Do you know how he did it yet, I don't?

Rock On Brother!

So he played the card be should of , I figured he would threaten federal contracts. He is using every tool at his disposale. The Local Union president actually made the suggestion to Trump over CNN. So its not a surprise. Just seems like someone may of played that card sooner.

JD said that is illegal.

You can't see the difference in government controling 1/6th the economy and a lawmaker offering incentives for a company to stay. A practice that takes place in every state in America.

I think we can go back to thread a few months ago where a couple posters questioned how Trump could save jobs or bring jobs back home .

I very specifically said the Federal government needs to be more aggressive with tax incentives and credits to compete against other countries like states do with each other now. Basic common practice that our Federal government has not been aggressive with.

If this is what he did then it seems I may be right. In all honesty instead of having a green jobs czar or any other czar. I would eliminate certain aspects of Federal jobs and create a small team of experts who go out and aggressivly attract companies back to the US.

This was a good defensive move , now its time to be offensive.

Okay. Now will he do it for everyone or just places that have federal money invested?

My bad, already asked that question.