45 members have voted

1. 1. Franklin-Simpson at John Hardin Class 4A Semifinal

• Franklin-Simpson
    • John Hardin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Hardin did not just lose to those teams, they were dominated. At least JH played a strong schedule, which is more than can be said for Franklin-Simpson.

It's already been said, but BG and Christian did just that...dominated in every sense of the word. PRP was a turnover free (from both) battle. It was 7-6 at half (PRP) and 13-9 PRP with 10 left in the 4th and John came away with nothing inside PRP's 10 yard line. With as stout as their D was (PRP), field goals weren't going to work. John went for the score; didn't get it. We know what's said about if's and shoulda, coulda, woulda's but that was one of those games.

He said "most."
I know what he said, but my point is that Hopkinsville hung with CC and JH did not. Christian County was not the powerhouse that many want to believe. CalPreps has them ranked #17 in the state, just two spots above Franklin-Simpson.

The number of teams in 4A that could compete with CC on a given night is probably at least a half dozen, including JH. JH's loss to CC was a bad one (because of the margin), as was its loss to North Hardin. I hope that JH beats FS, because they have not beaten any team yet that was favored over them. They are due for an upset win.

Here is another JH hater. Lol. Dino has now entered the "hateraid" conversation. They beat 6A Central Hardin and if not for turnovers in the red zone it could have been a 35-7 35-14 game. Beat 6A Meade County... I know yes they are down by their standards, but still a 6A road win versus a rival. Plus I think Spencer and Shelby were both ranked above John all year long. Rankings don't mean much in my opinion. Just look at the college rankings this week. Louisville fans were crying and get waxed. All I know is the Bulldogs are still playing. Nobody can argue with their strength of schedule. if you do your football knowledge is minimal. If you don't think Christian is a power house this year you don't know football. Ask Kevin Wallace if they were loaded. Christian had them down at half last week. To have BG down after 2 quarters your loaded.

Here is another JH hater. Lol. Dino has now entered the "hateraid" conversation. They beat 6A Central Hardin and if not for turnovers in the red zone it could have been a 35-7 35-14 game. Beat 6A Meade County... I know yes they are down by their standards, but still a 6A road win versus a rival. Plus I think Spencer and Shelby were both ranked above John all year long. Rankings don't mean much in my opinion. Just look at the college rankings this week. Louisville fans were crying and get waxed. All I know is the Bulldogs are still playing. Nobody can argue with their strength of schedule. if you do your football knowledge is minimal. If you don't think Christian is a power house this year you don't know football. Ask Kevin Wallace if they were loaded. Christian had them down at half last week. To have BG down after 2 quarters your loaded.
What I know if the John Hardin has lost to every strong opponent that they have faced this season, and also lost to North Hardin. Playing a strong schedule is great, but at some point a championship team exceeds expectations. Maybe that time will finally arrive for the Bulldogs on Friday night, when it will enter the game as an underdog.

Calpreps did show Shelby Co as the favorite over John Hardin. That's where the computer programs fail. With college rankings it's the "body of work" that counts. In high school it's what you do after district play starts. From what I see since district play started JH has taken on a whole new persona.

Watched the Shelby Co game. If the JH of the second half is the real JH, we (FS) have the toughest team so far this season coming up.

Calpreps did show Shelby Co as the favorite over John Hardin. That's where the computer programs fail. With college rankings it's the "body of work" that counts. In high school it's what you do after district play starts. From what I see since district play started JH has taken on a whole new persona.

Watched the Shelby Co game. If the JH of the second half is the real JH, we (FS) have the toughest team so far this season coming up.

Take into account JH was without 4 starters, if they play and stay disciplined they are a tough out and will win the game. Their talent is off the charts! The schedule they played helps them!

Not exactly sure where you got this from. Calpreps uses all games it sees as truer results in its calculations. It doesn't reward beating up on what is seen as lower tier teams. It also penalizes losses no matter how close to reward winning. Many district matchups aren't factored into their formula if the opponent is seen as weak.

Not exactly sure where you got this from. Calpreps uses all games it sees as truer results in its calculations. It doesn't reward beating up on what is seen as lower tier teams. It also penalizes losses no matter how close to reward winning. Many district matchups aren't factored into their formula if the opponent is seen as weak.

I guess I wasn't clear on what I was trying to say. The computers don't know JH had players out. The computers don't know about injuries etc. That's why computer ranking can be skewed. JH was not at full strength now they are. They could be much better than computer rankings indicate.