Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Finals Hotel Information

Featured Replies

Does anybody have recommendations on where to stay and what the cheapest hotels are? It really doesn't matter much to me but would prefer to stay anywhere between the Cumberland Parkway and the TN border, as I'm going to stay Friday and Saturday nights. Thanks!

The cheapest that I have stayed and is really nice hotel is La Quinta inn in Bowling Green

I stayed at the Staybridge suites a few months ago. It was a nice place, $120 ish a night.

Can never go wrong at Drury. Food in the morning and the evening with comp adult beverages and unlimited soda.

Can never go wrong at Drury. Food in the morning and the evening with comp adult beverages and unlimited soda.

 

Drury is very good, but a little expensive. We usually stay there but my father booked the room this year and he had a free night at another chain hotel.

Does anybody have recommendations on where to stay and what the cheapest hotels are? It really doesn't matter much to me but would prefer to stay anywhere between the Cumberland Parkway and the TN border, as I'm going to stay Friday and Saturday nights. Thanks!

 

I will send you the place that we stay, it has a atrium that we setup in for pre and post game tailgate for all the games. I will send you a PM in morning when I get time to find the number. It usually is loaded with Mayfield and Belfry fans and the 2 seem to go well together. I look forward to it every year

Some of the newer hotels in BG are, Town Place Suites and Fairfield Inn by Marriott. Both look like very nice hotels and are new. Both are located by the mall just a mile or from I-65.

 

There is a Hilton hotel that is pretty nice too. The Staybridge and Hyatt Place are both new hotels and are really close to the stadium.

 

I don't know what you consider cheap, but I would suggest to stay away from the Motel 6, the Ramada Inn, The Greenwood Hotel, The Jameson Inn, Quality Inn and Executive Inn& suites here.

 

Some good bargains are the hotels on Mel Browning Street. They are next to the interstate and seem to be fairly nice. Home-Towne Suits and the Baymont Inn are located on this road and they are pretty nice I think for the money.

 

The Days Inn here should be pretty cheap. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it is locally owned and taken care of. So the rooms are clean and all the linens are too.

  • Author

I'll check them all out. Thanks a lot everybody!

When I went to school at WKU and I was a manger a lot of visiting teams stayed at Drury.

When I went to school at WKU and I was a manger a lot of visiting teams stayed at Drury.

 

Drury Inn is not bad at all. It is located right by the interstate and next door to an Outback, Olive Garden, IHOP and Chuy's. Don't know how expensive it is.

Did these hotels just become harder to come by now that WKU will host a conference championship game, barring a collapse at Marshall tonight?

I wonder if any of these motels are within walking distance to the Stadium? I always stay on Scottsville Road near I-65.

On Scottsville Road, just South of the Interstate is the Greenwood Inn. It is cheap, has a large atrium with large pool. Its a little older but we have stayed there for years and enjoyed having the indoor atrium. Over the years we have had a great time with the fans there. Though a little older we found the atmosphere to be worth it. We even bring a projector and stream the state games onto a giant screen in the atrium that we do not attend though we attend about half the games in person. That said, The Greenwood Inn is one of 2 hotels that are joined together so if this option interest you and the Greenwood is booked, ask the Greenwood folks what the name of the attached hotel is. There is no difference in the 2 I just cant recall the name of the other. Book Now, things will fill up fast, especially if WKU host.

 

A better option for some is to find out what hotel your team has been assigned to and do so fast then book in the same hotel your team is assigned too by the KHSAA, that way you will stay with the team. But find out fast from someone in the know at your school as to which hotel they are at.

go to priceline and look at the express deals tab. I use this every year, it gives you the number of stars for a hotel and the location. It gives you a much cheaper price but you don't know what hotel it is till you book. In the past I've been in the Holiday Inn University Plaza 2 times and the La Quenta last year. This is paying well less than 100 a night. When I looked this year you could book a hotel like the La quenta for around 50 and Holiday Inn for around 70. These are all pretty nice hotels and priceline restricts the hotels to all be high rated by customers, its all right on the website.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.