Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sitting To WIn A Batting Title

Featured Replies

Some discussion on line about Rockies DJ LaMahaeiu current leads for the batting title by one point over an injured Daniel Murphy.

 

He sat out this week against Cueto and Samardzja (sp?) and then left the game after going 0/2 last night. He is sitting tonight and will probably sit tomorrow to secure the title.

 

Right move or does this taint it at all?

Since the player he is battling is also not playing (even if it is due to injury), I don't have as big a problem with it.

If there is Bonus in his contract for winning the batting title, then sit.

 

If it's just to win batting title, I don't like it.

I prefer the way Ted Williams handled this situation when he was chasing .400 in 1941.

Just another bit of coaching finesse, no different than walking a slugger, with first base open, to get to a weaker hitter for a third out, you hope. A lot of times there's a bonus waiting in the wings.

No problem with it. You don't like it, raise your average enough to get him.

 

If he has the requisite 502. He's gtg.

I prefer the way Ted Williams handled this situation when he was chasing .400 in 1941.

 

We all probably do; me included. But I have absolutely no problem with it whatsoever. Especially given the fact that his team isn't fighting for a playoff spot.

I don't care. Do what you have to do my man.

No problem with it. You don't like it, raise your average enough to get him.

 

If he has the requisite 502. He's gtg.

 

I did agree with your post, but mostly because Bench was one of my favorite players. Eons ago when I played softball, loved the guy, the team knew #5 was mine!

I did agree with your post, but mostly because Bench was one of my favorite players. Eons ago when I played softball, loved the guy, the team knew #5 was mine!

 

Side story.

 

Years ago, we used a pest control service whose local rep was a dead ringer for #5; and I mean he could have been a clone except he was just a little smaller guy. Told me stories of having to almost fight off autograph hounds.

Side story.

 

Years ago, we used a pest control service whose local rep was a dead ringer for #5; and I mean he could have been a clone except he was just a little smaller guy. Told me stories of having to almost fight off autograph hounds.

 

If they would pay for them, go for it. What a joke.:lol:

  • Author
No problem with it. You don't like it, raise your average enough to get him.

 

If he has the requisite 502. He's gtg.

 

I fall more into this camp than the opposite camp. He did what he was supposed to do. No different than resting him for a few games in July or August.

I did agree with your post, but mostly because Bench was one of my favorite players. Eons ago when I played softball, loved the guy, the team knew #5 was mine!

 

Same here. Always been 5.

If they would pay for them, go for it. What a joke.:lol:

 

 

I obtained Johnny's autograph a few years back. I saw him in Richmond at a bank. I didn't want to run off and try to find something for him to write on and risk not having a chance to engage him again, so I pulled out a nice crisp $5 bill and he signed it.

  • Author

Dusty brought Murphy in to PH to give a shot at the title.

 

He flied out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.