Wireless Headphone advice for home use

theguru

As some of you know I live in the White Ivory Tower only other guests live in the Tower with me (my neighbors). I love this place but the one negative is I have to keep the jams to a minimum. Most of my neighbors are old and can't' hear but still I need to be respectful. I would love to be able to Jam out more often but I have to go the wireless headphone route to do that (can't get caught up in wired headphone situations). With that in mind who has experience and what you guys/gals suggest?

I would recommend that you go the aptX route. There is not as much compression with aptX as there is with bluetooth SBC, so the sound quality is better.

Do some research and read the specs, then pick the one that fits your budget.

I have these.

Amazon.com: Sharkk Claro Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones with Advanced Apt-X Technology 14 Hour Play Time Over Ear Headphones with Built-In Mic and Protein Soft Ear Cushions: Electronics

MrsC has these.

Amazon.com: [upgraded] Active Noise Cancelling Headphones,Eonfine Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear APT-X Headsets,14-Hour Play Time,Hi-Fi Sound Foldable Headphone with Built-in Mic for Apple, Android Devices: Electronics

My oldest has these.

Amazon.com: Skullcandy Hesh 2 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with Mic, Black: Electronics

I like mine the best.

If I didn't have a pair and was buying today. These are what I would get. Best I have listened to, but they ain't cheap.

Amazon.com: Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphone, Black: Electronics

The Wireless PowerBeats are pretty amazing. Sound quality for music and talking on the phone are more than solid. I had one wireless headset & the sound quality for music was...ehhh...so-so & when I was on the phone, it always sounded like I was on speaker phone (coming from the people on the other end)...but, not with these. I bought them for a hundo at a Verizon store in Louisville the other day when my phone came in.

Here are some that Best Buy has on a BIG TIME sale right now, maybe in just in this color, though...if that even matters.

Beats by Dr. Dre Geek Squad Certified Refurbished Powerbeats2 Wireless Earbud Headphones Red GS-MHBF2AM/A - Best Buy

Check out The WireCutter. They test and rate gadgets.

The Wirecutter - Headphones

Sony MDR-XB950BT: Nobody on the panel liked these. The bass is boomy, messy, and leaves every kind of music sounding, as Brent put it, “as though there is a quilt draped over a speaker.” Even on hip-hop, which headphones marketed as Extra Bass should excel in, everyone agreed that the 950BT were an absolute mess. There are many better options out there, and none of us knows how Sony could have dropped the ball so terribly or why there are so many good Amazon reviews. The only positive comment our panel made was “well, they’re comfy on your head…”

Ouch... lol, they slaughtered the ones we bought... guess I have selective hearing.. lol, all those loud car stereos I had as a young guy.

Sony MDR-XB950BT: Nobody on the panel liked these. The bass is boomy, messy, and leaves every kind of music sounding, as Brent put it, “as though there is a quilt draped over a speaker.” Even on hip-hop, which headphones marketed as Extra Bass should excel in, everyone agreed that the 950BT were an absolute mess. There are many better options out there, and none of us knows how Sony could have dropped the ball so terribly or why there are so many good Amazon reviews. The only positive comment our panel made was “well, they’re comfy on your head…”

Ouch... lol, they slaughtered the ones we bought... guess I have selective hearing.. lol, all those loud car stereos I had as a young guy.

:lol2: Maybe sometimes they get it wrong? Ha ha!

The Wireless PowerBeats are pretty amazing. Sound quality for music and talking on the phone are more than solid. I had one wireless headset & the sound quality for music was...ehhh...so-so & when I was on the phone, it always sounded like I was on speaker phone (coming from the people on the other end)...but, not with these. I bought them for a hundo at a Verizon store in Louisville the other day when my phone came in.

Here are some that Best Buy has on a BIG TIME sale right now, maybe in just in this color, though...if that even matters.

Beats by Dr. Dre Geek Squad Certified Refurbished Powerbeats2 Wireless Earbud Headphones Red GS-MHBF2AM/A - Best Buy

Those are very tempting. I need new headphones for the gym. I go through them every year or so which is why I've been considering wireless.

I would recommend that you go the aptX route. There is not as much compression with aptX as there is with bluetooth SBC, so the sound quality is better.

Do some research and read the specs, then pick the one that fits your budget.

I have these.

Amazon.com: Sharkk Claro Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones with Advanced Apt-X Technology 14 Hour Play Time Over Ear Headphones with Built-In Mic and Protein Soft Ear Cushions: Electronics

MrsC has these.

Amazon.com: [upgraded] Active Noise Cancelling Headphones,Eonfine Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear APT-X Headsets,14-Hour Play Time,Hi-Fi Sound Foldable Headphone with Built-in Mic for Apple, Android Devices: Electronics

My oldest has these.

Amazon.com: Skullcandy Hesh 2 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with Mic, Black: Electronics

I like mine the best.

If I didn't have a pair and was buying today. These are what I would get. Best I have listened to, but they ain't cheap.

Amazon.com: Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphone, Black: Electronics

How would the Sharkk's be for traveling?

• 5 weeks later...