Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds Make History

Featured Replies

The homerun that Jason Heyward hit in the 8th inning last night was the 242nd allowed by Reds pitching this season. That is a new major league record. Way to go guys!

So much for the young guys learning how to keep the ball down.

How many games do they have left?

How many games do they have left?

 

12 I believe. Hopefully they can put the record out of reach.

  • Author
12 I believe. Hopefully they can put the record out of reach.

 

They should be able to add 12-20 to it without too much trouble.

Heck, I thought I heard a Reds broadcaster say this record was broken a few games back and then I posted in BGP on it. Apparently he was incorrect. Goes to show you cannot always believe what you hear and then make sure it's correct before you repeat it.

And the two who gave up the most, Straily, Finnegan according to Baseball-Reference.com

 

2

Edited by OlDog75

And the two who gave up the most, Straily, Finnegan according to Baseball-Reference.com

 

216 Cincinnati Reds Batting, Pitching, & Fielding Statistics | Baseball-Reference.com

 

Not really fair to those two, as they're also the ones who have pitched the most innings for the Reds as well. Disco would only be 4 or 5 behind them, had he pitched as many innings as Strailey.

 

It's the rates for the relievers that are scary.

Didn't they also set a record for Homers given up to the first batter faced by a reliever?

 

That number has to be around 30 or more by now.

Not really fair to those two, as they're also the ones who have pitched the most innings for the Reds as well. Disco would only be 4 or 5 behind them, had he pitched as many innings as Strailey.

 

It's the rates for the relievers that are scary.

 

Oh I agree, but you cannot excuse those starters. That's still more HRs than we would like.

Heck, I thought I heard a Reds broadcaster say this record was broken a few games back and then I posted in BGP on it. Apparently he was incorrect. Goes to show you cannot always believe what you hear and then make sure it's correct before you repeat it.

 

Might have broken the National League record when you heard it.

With the Cubs coming into town to close out the season, we can definitely put this record far out of reach.

With the Cubs coming into town to close out the season, we can definitely put this record far out of reach.

 

God I hope so. Our bats have been slumping lately. Need to get it going soon.

God I hope so. Our bats have been slumping lately. Need to get it going soon.

 

I'd imagine three games in GABP would be a great warm up for them lol.

Didn't they also set a record for Homers given up to the first batter faced by a reliever?

 

That number has to be around 30 or more by now.

 

Hell, who knows, they'll probably own them all pretty soon.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.