September 13, 201610 yr Who in the hell is Drake? He is the guy who gets the UK basketball team in trouble with the NCAA.
September 13, 201610 yr Author He is the guy who gets the UK basketball team in trouble with the NCAA. Drake and UK basketball both have something in common......things I don't care about. :clap:
September 14, 201610 yr Now that we've cleared up the Drake thing, could somebody tell me who this Elvis guy is?
September 14, 201610 yr And you kids stay the hell of his lawn while you're at it! That sure was witty in my head until I saw my typo in print. DOH!
September 14, 201610 yr Couple that come to mind without looking them up. The Eagles…Hotel California Bob Seger…Night Moves or Against the Wind
September 14, 201610 yr Another album that I'm pretty sure they played all the song(s) was: Jethro Tull…Thick as a Brick
September 14, 201610 yr Now that we've cleared up the Drake thing, could somebody tell me who this Elvis guy is? He's my grandma's favorite.
September 14, 201610 yr Just like the Beatles, the Rolling Stones had a significant run from the mid 60's through the 70's of their releases having a high number of tunes on them receiving airplay.
September 14, 201610 yr Bad Company's debut "Bad Company" feels like a greatest hit album. Can't Get Enough Rock Steady Ready For Love Don't Let Me Down Bad Company The Way I Choose Movin' On Seagull. This Bad Co. release was solid for the band fresh out of the gate, and still rocks timelessly.
September 14, 201610 yr Purple Rain would be very close...the songs that weren't "Radio Hits" were definitely "Club hits" and got a lot of play on College Radio at the time. Side one "Let's Go Crazy" "The Beautiful Ones" "Computer Blue" "Darling Nikki" Side two "When Doves Cry" "I Would Die 4 U" "Baby I'm a Star" "Purple Rain" Between the Movie, Clubs and Late Night FM Radio...ALL of these songs got a lot of play!
September 14, 201610 yr Perhaps not as much as the Beatles or the Stones, still The Who also had a significant run during the mid 60's to early 70's of lots of the tunes on their releases getting tons of airplay, but I'd say that "Who's Next" would be the one that stands out the most from top to bottom. Baba O'Riley Bargain Love Ain't for Keeping My Wife The Song is Over Getting In Tune Going Mobile Behind Blue Eyes Won't Get Fooled Again
September 14, 201610 yr The late 60's and early 70's saw the Doors release a handful of solid albums chuck full of hits with their self entitled debut setting the pace right out of the gate. Break On Through (To the Other Side)" Soul Kitchen The Crystal Ship Twentieth Century Fox Alabama Song (Whisky Bar) Light My Fire Back Door Man I Looked at You End of the Night Take it as it Comes The End Edited September 14, 201610 yr by B-Ball-fan
September 14, 201610 yr Though it's hard to ignore most of their releases, I would add Led I & II, along with your IV, as Led releases solid from top to bottom with radio tunes. Led I Good Times Bad Times Babe I'm Gonna Leave You You Shook Me Dazed and Confused Your Time Is Gonna Come Black Mountain Side Communication Breakdown I Can't Quit You Baby How Many More Times Led II Whole Lotta Love What is and What Should Never Be The Lemon Song Thank You Hearthbreaker Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman) Ramble On Moby Dick Bring It On Home.
September 14, 201610 yr it was the release that started the beginning of the end for me personally, but there ain't no denyin' that Def Leppard's "Hysteria" saw a lot of radio air play. Woman Rocket Animal Love Bites Pour Some Sugar on Me Armageddon It Gods of Ward Don't Shoot Shotgun Run Riot Hysteria Excitable Love and Affection
September 14, 201610 yr Considering that it was meant to experience from start to finish. it's hard to leave off Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon", and all the while the radio agreed and would often toss us a nugget from any part of the album. Speak To Me Breathe On The Run Time The Great Gig in the Sky Money Us and Them Any Colour You Like Brain Damage Eclipse
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.