Boyle County 41 Anderson County 13

bugatti

Boyle County needed this win bad. Big confidence booster. Apparently Boyle County was up 41-0 when they pulled the starters. Not really sure but I'm sure that someone at the game could confirm. Gold job Rebs!

I wasn't there but that is commonplace for starters to stay in the game until the running clock starts.

The final score was 41 to 13. Anderson scored against the BC 2nd and 3rd teams . I don't know where the other score came from. Boyle completely dominated as it was 24 to 0 at the half. Anderson kept their starters in the entire game even against the Boyle freshmen. They even called timeout with 14 seconds left trying to score again, but did not. I thought their coach was really grasping at straws. Boyle was much improved as young teams should do. Good win.

Stats from the game.

BC

51 plays

383 total yards 5 TDs

26 Rushes 129 yards 2 TDs

16-25 passing 254 yards 3 TDs 0 ints

18 1st downs

1/6 3rd downs

1/1 4th downs

6 penalties 48 yards

1 fumble lost 1

2 FG longest 37 yards.

AC

57 plays

273 yards ( around 100 yards of it last 2 series)

33 rushes 156 yards 1 TD

11-24 passing 117 yards 1 TD 2 ints

11 1st downs

1/8 3rd downs

0/1 4th downs

5 penalties 40 yards

4 fumbles lost 1

Solid effort by the Rebels in a much needed win. Anderson County is not very good and became even weaker when Labhart got dinged up and Cotton went out in the first quarter. The backup QB Peters probably wont be able to get out of bed tomorrow. He was hit on just about every play but played with a ton of guts.

Other than a bad shotgun snap in the red zone, which resulted in a turnover, Boyle played a really solid game. This team can be pretty good so long as they keep mistakes to a minimum and do not get behind the chains.

Freshman Cole Lanter, Riley Colwick, and Reese Smith continue to help the offense with solid reps and make this a better team.

Great Job Rebels.

:dancingpa

If you would have told me that Boyle would have put a running clock on Anderson County, I'd would have thought the odds are better at hitting the Mega Millions or Powerball. I just had to cross the street to the Shell station to get the winning ticket. Hope i'm retired in the morning!

I thought Boyle came out fired up after last weeks showing, while Anderson was looking at Boyle's 0-3 record and just came out flat. Solid game for Boyle and just what the doctor ordered.

If you would have told me that Boyle would have put a running clock on Anderson County, I'd would have thought the odds are better at hitting the Mega Millions or Powerball. I just had to cross the street to the Shell station to get the winning ticket. Hope i'm retired in the morning!

I thought Boyle came out fired up after last weeks showing, while Anderson was looking at Boyle's 0-3 record and just came out flat. Solid game for Boyle and just what the doctor ordered.

If you win, can you buy some athletic tape for me; I'm running low.

:lol2: