SEC overhyped this year.

jericho

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SEC is 7-6 so far this opening weekend.

Seems subpar to me but I was surprised at the Auburn/Clemson score and truth be told the SEC out of conference scheduling has definitely stepped up from what it used to be. It just seems that everyone has caught up with the SEC. The SEC is no longer the dominant conference it once was and arguments can be made that it is no longer the best conference.

Seems subpar to me but I was surprised at the Auburn/Clemson score and truth be told the SEC out of conference scheduling has definitely stepped up from what it used to be. It just seems that everyone has caught up with the SEC. The SEC is no longer the dominant conference it once was and arguments can be made that it is no longer the best conference.

I agree about Clemson, that was far closer than I expected it to be.

7-7 this weekend while the ACC is 11-3!

6-6 for SEC against outside comp, 2 teams opened with each other in conference play.

Nice wins by FSU and Clemson, in games they were heavily favored in on here.

Alabama, Georgia and A&M with the best wins this week for the SEC.

6-6 for SEC against outside comp, 2 teams opened with each other in conference play.

Nice wins by FSU and Clemson, in games they were heavily favored in on here.

Alabama, Georgia and A&M with the best wins this week for the SEC.

And 2 ACC teams played each other also so outside they was 10-2

It's just week one, but the entire SEC as the monster conference it's painted to be is overblown.

Alabama is the school that is having the success and everyone else is feeding off of it because of "conference pride".

It's just week one, LSU could win out and be the national champions and everyone will forget about this week. Just like Ohio State did the year before last when they lost to Virginia Tech and went all the way

What's the argument for them being overhyped?

There are 6 teams that were ranked. Those 6 went 5-2, with one of the losses to a top 4 team.

Are we arguing that the conference is overhyped because the bottom half laid an egg? Really?

We keep hearing how well the ACC did but look who they played. They played 2 teams in the top 25 and went 1-1. The best team in the league barely squeaked out a win against an unranked Auburn team.

My point is after 1 week into the season, how can you really tell how good anyone is or isn't.