Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals cut Brandon Tate - Hellbird Celebrates

Featured Replies

He really, really wants to celebrate. :lol2:

 

We are all guilty, I missed your thread but I am blaming the one minute thingy from the time I looked until I had enough time to pull the thread together.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
We are all guilty, I missed your thread but I am blaming the one minute thingy from the time I looked until I had enough time to pull the thread together.

 

It's funny though because we both put Hellbird celebrating in our Thread title and Hellbird started one also.

It's funny though because we both put Hellbird celebrating in our Thread title and Hellbird started one also.

 

Just remember me when Peko gets cut next year.

We will easily find somebody else to complain about regarding the Bengals. Marvin Lewis, Dalton, and Mike Brown are all targets from the past.

Brandon Tate has 2 young kids playing in the NKYFL (Union Raiders). He's a great guy and a great dad. Poor decision by the Bengals, an organization plagued with character issues.

Brandon Tate has 2 young kids playing in the NKYFL (Union Raiders). He's a great guy and a great dad. Poor decision by the Bengals, an organization plagued with character issues.

 

I don't think anyone questions what an awesome guy Brandon Tate is but he lacks big play ability and that is why he is out.

 

Granted Tate has been consistent and I wish him nothing but the best but I don't see how this is a poor decision by the Bengals.

 

And if it is a poor decision by the Bengals then Tate will have numerous visits lined up immediately.

The only thing he did well was not fumble.

 

Exactly, he was consistent.

I don't think anyone questions what an awesome guy Brandon Tate is but he lacks big play ability and that is why he is out.

 

Granted Tate has been consistent and I wish him nothing but the best but I don't see how this is a poor decision by the Bengals.

 

And if it is a poor decision by the Bengals then Tate will have numerous visits lined up immediately.

 

Don't take it from me. Just read the quotes from his teammates. They are not happy about the decision. Both Whit and A Jones were pretty vocal about how bad of a move it was, which is rare.

 

I don't disagree that he had some limitations, but he was a solid backup WR and was a sure handed punt returner. In addition, he was a special teams leader and (as mentioned) a stand-up guy in our community.

 

I'm sure he'll get picked up somewhere soon. It's just a shame to lose such a high quality person from a team known for having more than their share of degenerates.

Put me in the camp that thinks it was a great decision... I'm quite certain that Erickson will make some boneheaded rookie mistakes... However, he has huge upside. All you had to do was watch that kid hit a hole without hesitation time after time..

 

He will probably fumble, fair catch when he shouldn't and return when he should fair catch... But I think he'll learn quickly from those mistakes and he can certainly break a few long returns that can change games in an instant...

 

And from what I've seen and heard, he's also a good character kid... It's not like they're replacing Tate with a thug.

Don't take it from me. Just read the quotes from his teammates. They are not happy about the decision. Both Whit and A Jones were pretty vocal about how bad of a move it was, which is rare.

 

I don't disagree that he had some limitations, but he was a solid backup WR and was a sure handed punt returner. In addition, he was a special teams leader and (as mentioned) a stand-up guy in our community.

 

I'm sure he'll get picked up somewhere soon. It's just a shame to lose such a high quality person from a team known for having more than their share of degenerates.

 

Never been a big fan of Whit and I would love to tell everyone about another Pacman fight I know about but we talkin' Bout Tate.

Just remember me when Peko gets cut next year.

I've been preaching like you about Peko for 3 years now. We'll both buy each other a beer when that happens

I've been preaching like you about Peko for 3 years now. We'll both buy each other a beer when that happens

 

I hear you Hellbird, we should watch a game together sometime.

Now I never had an issue with Tate as a backup WR, my issue with him was always returning punts. The straw that broke the camels back with me was a few years ago when he fields a punt in the end zone and does his usual 5 yard return.

Hard to not keep Erikson. These are probably tough with good guys like BT. The guy did nothing spectacular most of the time, but he was dependable. This guy earned his keep.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.