Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why is This Being Ignored?

Featured Replies

I'm shocked this whole Josh Brown situation is pretty much being ignored.

 

I get it, he's a kicker, but the double standard and the perception of the situation is not a good look for the NFL.

 

Josh Brown Situation Just Got Worse for NFL

 

Greg Hardy's girlfriend didn't cooperate with the league's investigation. 10 game suspension.

 

Ray Rice (obviously there was concrete evidence) still hasn't made it back.

 

The league implements a new 6 game minimum domestic abuse policy, yet somehow Brown is only suspended for 1 game?

 

Oh, and he violated his restraining order months after the arrest.

 

Why the double standard?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I admit I haven't paid attention. Is the suspension for violating the EPO?

OK, I admit I haven't paid attention. Is the suspension for violating the EPO?

 

It's because he got arrested for domestic violence.

With everything race-related that's going on right now, for this guy to only get one game is a monumentally terrible look for the NFL.

From what I have read, the NFL policy doesn't say 6 game suspension for anything related to domestic violence. There are provisions in the policy for punishments like fines and community service. What level of offense must be met for there to be a 6 game suspension?

  • Author
From what I have read, the NFL policy doesn't say 6 game suspension for anything related to domestic violence. There are provisions in the policy for punishments like fines and community service. What level of offense must be met for there to be a 6 game suspension?

 

I'd say being abusive to a pregnant woman should meet the criteria, right?

  • Author

From the initial link...

 

The league said it gave Giants kicker Josh Brown a one-game suspension for a misdemeanor domestic violence arrest, and not a standard six-game suspension (which the new domestic violence policy said Brown should have gotten) because Brown’s then-wife didn’t speak to the league and during a 10-month investigation, “we also made numerous requests — as late as this spring — to local law enforcement officers for information on the case and previous allegations.”

I'm shocked this whole Josh Brown situation is pretty much being ignored.

 

I get it, he's a kicker, but the double standard and the perception of the situation is not a good look for the NFL.

 

Josh Brown Situation Just Got Worse for NFL

 

Greg Hardy's girlfriend didn't cooperate with the league's investigation. 10 game suspension.

 

Ray Rice (obviously there was concrete evidence) still hasn't made it back.

 

The league implements a new 6 game minimum domestic abuse policy, yet somehow Brown is only suspended for 1 game?

 

Oh, and he violated his restraining order months after the arrest.

 

Why the double standard?

On balance, Ray Rice happened before the policy and received a 2 game suspension. It became season-long once the video leaked. He is not back because he is a RB.

 

Hardy's situation was different because they had the entire testimony from the bench trial in which he was convicted. She refused to appear for the appeal in exchange for a monetary settlement. The NFLPA fought for Hardy and got it reduced to 4 games, I believe.

Like Ray Rice... It’s all a pretty embarrassing mess for the league and the Giants, who didn’t seem too interested in finding out everything there was to know about Brown’s case.

I'd say being abusive to a pregnant woman should meet the criteria, right?

 

Thanks for the info. Reading all the allegations in that link, I agree with you. I would like the NFL to explain why he isn't suspended for 6 games.

 

I won't be surprised if this flips on the NFL just like the Ray Rice incident. He was originally suspended for 2 games. Then when all the public outcry happened, the NFL got tough. The New York media won't let this go. As soon as there is enough bad publicity on Brown, the NFL will react. That is not the way it should be.

I'm shocked this whole Josh Brown situation is pretty much being ignored.

 

I get it, he's a kicker, but the double standard and the perception of the situation is not a good look for the NFL.

 

Josh Brown Situation Just Got Worse for NFL

 

Greg Hardy's girlfriend didn't cooperate with the league's investigation. 10 game suspension.

 

Ray Rice (obviously there was concrete evidence) still hasn't made it back.

 

The league implements a new 6 game minimum domestic abuse policy, yet somehow Brown is only suspended for 1 game?

 

Oh, and he violated his restraining order months after the arrest.

 

Why the double standard?

 

I think the best answer is the NFL is a Kingdom and Kingdoms are inconsistent. Sometimes it is off with their head, sometimes it is 20 years hard labor, and sometimes we like that guy, one game...

I thought about staying away from this one because I'll be accused of being biased.

 

I'm not a Josh Brown fan. If any of the things he was accused of doing are true, I would have no problem with the NFL making an example of him like they did Hardy, or Rice after the video.

 

The problem is, all you have against Brown are accusations made in the past. There's no video, like in the Rice incident and no guilty verdict like they had against Hardy.

 

Basically, he was arrested, the charges were dropped, and the victim refuses to cooperate. They have what was told to the police the night of his arrest (he allegedly grabbed her wrist) and they have accusations about past incidents. However, there's zero proof of those accusations and no victim to talk with to get more information.

 

Are you all saying a mere accusation, with no evidence or victim cooperating is the same as what they had in the Hardy/Rice cases?

 

 

I will admit I haven't followed it as closely as i would have in the past. Work has kept me busy lately and i haven't had much time for the Internet. Maybe I missed something else...

Update to this....

 

Documents Show Brown Admitted to Physically & Emotionally Abusing Ex-Wife

 

 

Not sure how this isn't a violation of the domestic abuse policy and a mandatory six games? The double-standard and hypocrisy of the NFL is ridiculous.

 

This came out yesterday, correct? I can see the NFL taking more action against Brown now, like they did with Rice once the video surfaced.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.