October 20, 20169 yr This came out yesterday, correct? I can see the NFL taking more action against Brown now, like they did with Rice once the video surfaced. Agree with this.
October 20, 20169 yr It ain't being ignored this morning. I don't see how the league cannot come down a lot harder on the guy.
October 20, 20169 yr NFL statement on Giants kicker Josh Brown says "In light of the release of these documents yesterday, we will thoroughly review the additional information and determine next steps in the context of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy. We will not be making any comments on potential discipline until that time."
October 20, 20169 yr Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoSNY The NFL said it is going to re-open its investigation into Josh Brown in light of the new information in the recently released documents. Edit... Spin scooped me. :irked:
October 20, 20169 yr This came out yesterday, correct? I can see the NFL taking more action against Brown now, like they did with Rice once the video surfaced. Yes. The information was not available to anyone until yesterday.
October 20, 20169 yr It ain't being ignored this morning. I don't see how the league cannot come down a lot harder on the guy. I think the Giants should just release him.
October 20, 20169 yr Brown is WAY worse than Ray Rice if what I heard this morning is close to true. I am NOT condoning what Rice did but it appears to be a one time thing where he and his fiancé got drunk and he did something really bad. He seems very repentant and had no reputation before or after of doing anything similar. It looks like Brown routinely physically abused his wife (she says 20 times I believe) as well as verbally and did so in front of his step kids (her kids). This guy is a tool and deserves to have the max penalty allowed by the league IMO.
October 20, 20169 yr Brown is not traveling to London with the team. Not that it is that important in the scheme of things but this could be a big deal for the Giants. Who kicks for them in London? Kind of hard to get a kicker that quick and get them to London. Maybe Wayne Rooney can kick for them:lol2:
October 20, 20169 yr NFL says sherriff's office would not give them any information regarding case. NFL requested by phone and in writing and did not receive cooperation. So they ruled originally on what information they had.
October 21, 20169 yr NFL says sherriff's office would not give them any information regarding case. NFL requested by phone and in writing and did not receive cooperation. So they ruled originally on what information they had. I may be remembering wrong but in the Ray Rice case didn't the NFL say they couldn't get information from the police? If so, the police either don't like them, or the NFL doesn't know what to ask for (or they just don't ask).
October 21, 20169 yr Meanwhile, Robbie Gould is is flying coach to join the G-Men. Kickers are dime a dozen, good luck JB.
October 21, 20169 yr I may be remembering wrong but in the Ray Rice case didn't the NFL say they couldn't get information from the police? If so, the police either don't like them, or the NFL doesn't know what to ask for (or they just don't ask). Or you mean they dont really want to know.
October 21, 20169 yr I may be remembering wrong but in the Ray Rice case didn't the NFL say they couldn't get information from the police? If so, the police either don't like them, or the NFL doesn't know what to ask for (or they just don't ask). It was an open case, so they couldn't release the information to the NFL any earlier. I'm no Goodell supporter, but they can't get everything whenever they want it. There is a process that sometimes takes time.
October 21, 20169 yr Author Giants owner said that Brown had admitted to them that he abused his wife, but they didn't know the extent of it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.