Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A.J. Green won't play if his baby is born on game day

Featured Replies

This has come up countless times and I have no problem with it. But many draw the parallel to typical jobs, and being a professional athlete is not a normal profession. You are basically a contracted employee with a unique skill set paid to perform 16 times a year. Luckily for A.J. he is not an expendable piece on the roster. If you are player #52 making the league minimum the mindset might be different. And just as I respect the player's decision, it is not the obligation of the team to retain these folks for missing out on work. Ultimately it is a personal decision.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
So what?! At the end of the day, your family is more important than your job.

 

I don't look at it as either or but that is just me.

I don't look at it as either or but that is just me.

 

I'm not sure what that means....

  • Author
I'm not sure what that means....

 

In an attempt to win the debate la is trying to define black and white terms. I am saying it is gray.

In an attempt to win the debate la is trying to define black and white terms. I am saying it is gray.

 

Exactly. This is not an average job.

 

I am sure AJ will be requesting his 12 weeks of FMLA leave, too.

Edited by bugatti

Absolutely zero problem with it. Men first, athletes second. When those things get switched around, people lost touch with reality.

Better hope shes not two weeks early.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57611[/ATTACH]

 

Two weeks early puts in at Friday September 16th....Why would that be a bad thing??

I don't blame AJ but I also don't make 700k a week lol.

No problem with it at all. He realizes with Marvin as the coach and Dalton as the QB, missing one game won't make a difference. They aren't going to win it all anyway lol

No problem with it at all. He realizes with Marvin as the coach and Dalton as the QB, missing one game won't make a difference. They aren't going to win it all anyway lol

 

It wouldn't be football season without Hellbird crapping all over the Bengals lol.

It wouldn't be football season without Hellbird crapping all over the Bengals lol.

Hahaha, it was a joke lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.