Marion County 54 Nelson County 21

Jim Schue

This was the nightcap of the Bardstown-Nelson County Bowl. Had a lightning delay of about an hour which led to this game ending past midnight.

Trey Dones had 5 TDs in the first half and Nelson was not prepared for his speed and elusiveness. The MC staff utilized his big-play ability well. Still waiting on final stats.

I'll be curious to see how Marion looks at home against Bardstown on Friday. The Tigers looked much-improved on Saturday against Spencer, and will be a good indicator of how far the Knights have come.

NC will need to adjust on the fly as they host what figures to be an angry Spencer Co. team after the way Bardstown took it to them. If the Cards are able to show some growth in that one it will make the TNHS game interesting, as they figure to be toughened up by that point. In NC's defense, the coaching hire was made late, so they'll be a work in progress. The kids are still learning the offense and defense changes.

I'll be curious to see how Marion looks at home against Bardstown on Friday. The Tigers looked much-improved on Saturday against Spencer, and will be a good indicator of how far the Knights have come.

Realized too late that Marion plays E'town Friday and Bardstown the following week. :ohbrother:

My apologies to Trey Downs for messing up his name. He ended up with 6TDs and 189 on the ground on 22 attempts.

MC QB Mason Sullivan (a freshman) was 25-41 for 360 yards and 2 TDs. Most of that went to Cameron Nalley, who had 15 catches for 171 yards.