Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland @ Ashland Predictions 8-26

Who Wins 29 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Thoughts? Predictions?

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a friendly reminder when you're posting prediction threads like this one, please do us a favor and post a poll question.

 

Thanks! :thumb:

Ashland still seems to be a big question mark this season. They have lost both scrimmages, but to two good teams. No one really knows who will start at qb for the opener against the Rams, nor do we know if Kurtlen Brown will be eligible to play if he in fact did return. On top of that, from reading the preview in the ADI today, it appears that Ashland is attempting to platoon, with only a couple of players playing on both sides of the ball, which could take a little time to iron out the wrinkles. I love the idea of platooning and it appears that Ashland has the numbers to do it this season, hopefully that carries over season after season as more kids will see that they will get more playing time.

 

But in the grand scheme of things, there are a lot of question marks for Ashland. Not so many for Raceland as they already have a win under their belt. If I were a betting man, I would have to bet on what I know, rather than what I don't know, so it would be hard to bet against Raceland. But I'm not a betting man, yet I'm still gonna try and find out a little more about Ashland's question marks before I vote. Either way it should be a great game, the only one I wish for the Rams to lose all season.

If Raceland's recievers hold on to the football, Raceland by two scores. If not, its going to be another classic game. I dont think Ashland will hold the depth advantage they usually do. The Rams have alot to work on, but this is shaping up to be a great game already.

Either way it should be a great game, the only one I wish for the Rams to lose all season.
I am not so sure that Ashland is that big of a question mark. I realize that you would know far better than I but is jmo that Ashland should be very good again this season, at least that's what I have been hearing. Anyway, I agree that it should be another good game between the two. Raceland has a game under their belt but at the same time ... Ashland now has a couple of looks / scouting reports as Raceland has had the scrimmage in the Grid last week and our opener last night. Raceland does have a long way to go as quite a few weaknesses were exposed vs, WCHS.

I also can say that this Friday is the only game that I am wanting the Cats to lose. There is a lot of connections through the years between Raceland and Ashland, not just in football but in school personel as well. Alums of both, etc..

We do have a bone to pick with one of your asst. coaches though.... Randy Heaberlin. Randy was imo one of the best linemen to ever play at Raceland, his son now playing for the Tomcats. Something about that just doesn't seem right. No loyalty from Randy, he along with his son should be wearing the orange and black. :D:. All kidding aside, Randy along with the Ashland program, school and their traditions are class.

 

If Raceland's receivers hold on to the football, Raceland by two scores. If not, its going to be another classic game. I dont think Ashland will hold the depth advantage they usually do. The Rams have alot to work on, but this is shaping up to be a great game already.
As for your Ashland / depth statement, imo don't be fooled, they always have no shortage of athletes and usually when one graduates there are one or more ready to step in that are just as good or better. We just haven't seen them yet As it has always been, if the Rams get out of Putnam with a W, it will be close. I always have to put Ashland as the favorite in this one.

I am not making a pick on this one just yet. As always, Ashland should be the favorite, the Tomcats at home are an immediate 7 points. Ashland in Putnam is a different, better team. Nothing to do with officiating (before someone tries to say it), rather their home / Putnam traditions.

There's always a playoff type atmosphere when these two play there, it's the Tomcat home opener and as with anywhere, that adds even more to their always great fan base and add to that the always big Raceland crowd ... the place is packed with two great fan bases along with the two great football traditions.

Having said all that and although I don't mind playing at Putnam, a big part of me would love to have them at Ram Stadium, even if it's a two at Ashland, one at Raceland rotation if not straight home / home.

Raceland's offense has to learn to finish drives and to catch the dang ball! I love our defense and I really like our offense, not in love with it yet. It's early.

Left too many points off the board with turnovers, dropped passes, and not finishing drives. Tackling needs to be better as well. RAMS had guys in position to make the tackle on both West Carter TD's but couldn't finish. West has some nice skill kids, though, and when you don't finish they make you pay.

 

I think the focus level will be different next week, and the RAMS working on their mistakes will make a difference next week.

  • Author

Ashland has virtually no experience at any key positions on the field. Breaking in new QB too. Ashland will have to play mistake free to come away with the W.

Left too many points off the board with turnovers, dropped passes, and not finishing drives. Tackling needs to be better as well. RAMS had guys in position to make the tackle on both West Carter TD's but couldn't finish. West has some nice skill kids, though, and when you don't finish they make you pay.

 

I think the focus level will be different next week, and the RAMS working on their mistakes will make a difference next week.

 

The first part of your post was exactly what I was talking about. I sure hope that the old saying "a team will improve more from it's first to second game than all season", because to beat Ashland, we're going to have to improve from the mistakes on Friday.

Ashland has virtually no experience at any key positions on the field. Breaking in new QB too. Ashland will have to play mistake free to come away with the W.
and yet you picked Ashland. Sandbagging are we :lol2: ? I seem to recognize it bc we have been guilty of the same in the past. ;)

 

you can't bullcrap an ol' bullcrapper ...:thumb:

Edited by oldrambler

  • Author
and yet you picked Ashland. Sandbagging are we :lol2: ? I seem to recognize it bc we have been guilty of the same in the past. ;)

 

you can't bullcrap an ol' bullcrapper ...:thumb:

Lol always going to pick the CATS. Raceland I think does not have to play as close to perfect a game as Ashland does to win.

First off, let me say that I am very happy for this day to finally arrive. It's been too long. Friday night Putnam Stadium will be pack with two great fan-bases in attendance. This should be a good game. Saying that, I saw some film of the West Carter game today. I think that Raceland's definitive front might give Ashland's line some problems. It seemed that they were in West's backfield all night. Of course I will be picking my Cats, but this game could get out of hand if Ashland doesn't take care of the ball and the line doesn't allow the skill players to do what they do. It seems Ashland's secondary is coming along. The way Raceland threw the ball is going to be a good test for our defensive backfield. Go Cats!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.