Star Wars (Rogue One preview)

jericho

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking way more forward to this one in comparison to what I did for Episode 7.

It doesn't look bad, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about the Disney ownership of Lucasfilm over-flooding the market with movies from the Star Wars expanded universe...kind of like what they did with Marvel. I was a comic book kid when I was young. When the X-Men movies started slowly coming out one at a time when I was 19, I was really excited to see each of them. Nowadays there are so many comic book movies out there that I hardly see any of them.

It doesn't look bad, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about the Disney ownership of Lucasfilm over-flooding the market with movies from the Star Wars expanded universe...kind of like what they did with Marvel. I was a comic book kid when I was young. When the X-Men movies started slowly coming out one at a time when I was 19, I was really excited to see each of them. Nowadays there are so many comic book movies out there that I hardly see any of them.

I agree that it will happen too, I'll be very selective in the ones that I watch.

Given the last 3 attempts made by Lucas I can't see how Disney can do any worse

• 3 months later...

Rotten Tomatoes over 84%

Professional Reviewers mostly positive but there are a few haters, as to be expected.

Reviews from 3 people I know that saw it tonight all say it is a top 3 SW movie.

Busy season means I probably won't see it until maybe Monday...but I'm looking forward to it.

I

One of the best movies I've seen. Entire theater stood and gave a standing ovation after the movie. If you're a Star Wars fan, go see it ASAP.

I was emotional for at least half an hour after the movie. MUST WATCH

WOW Wireman! Your post has got me thinking of going today!

I've been hearing the reviews are extremely good.

I've been hooked on Star Wars since seeing the original in 1977. I watched it again recently on DVD. It was definitely ahead of its time, and its early movie making technology still holds up well, not quite today's modern methods but still good.

I

WOW Wireman! Your post has got me thinking of going today!

I've been hearing the reviews are extremely good.

I've been hooked on Star Wars since seeing the original in 1977. I watched it again recently on DVD. It was definitely ahead of its time, and its early movie making technology still holds up well, not quite today's modern methods but still good.

It perfectly ties everything together. I highly recommend it. I wasn't sure what to expect going in and was pleasantly surprised.