Star Wars (Rogue One preview)

jericho

One of the best movies I've seen. Entire theater stood and gave a standing ovation after the movie. If you're a Star Wars fan, go see it ASAP.

I was emotional for at least half an hour after the movie. MUST WATCH

Have heard this echoed by many others...now it's a priority! Really looking forward to seeing it now!!! Well done Disney.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that was amazing for a movie that wasn't over CGI'd the way Lucas would have...was the CGIing of a couple of performances.

I loved the couple of cameos of other characters from the past...both big and small.

I agree. There were 2 moments in the uncanny valley, but they may well have been unavoidable given the iconic nature of the characters.

I agree. There were 2 moments in the uncanny valley, but they may well have been unavoidable given the iconic nature of the characters.

I agree, I just read that the one was announced a while back but I guess everyone forgot about it. I thought when I first saw him, we'd just get a hazy reflection in a window...then he turned around and was in many more scenes after that.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw it a week ago. Really enjoyed it. Wish I had waited the extra 30 minutes and watched the 3-D instead of the regular viewing.

It's basically a war movie, with urban warfare, beach invasions, and aerial combat both in space and in the skies of the alien planet. Great effects and ties directly into Episode 4 The New Hope.

Just watched it earlier today and came away very impressed. Disney hit a homerun with this one IMO. If you're a fan of the original, I would definitely recommend watching. Outside of the originals, I'd say this was probably the best one, I also enjoyed episode 3 a lot too.

Killing it at the Box Office also...which bodes well for more "Stand Alone" movies. I know Young Han Solo project is in the works and a Boba Fett movie has been mentioned. The Movie that HAS to be made is a VADER movie, I want to see more of Vader like he was in this movie. I want to see on screen why the entire Empire is scared to death of him, let alone the Rebels...bring on the Violence and make it an R Rated movie Disney!!!

Killing it at the Box Office also...which bodes well for more "Stand Alone" movies. I know Young Han Solo project is in the works and a Boba Fett movie has been mentioned. The Movie that HAS to be made is a VADER movie, I want to see more of Vader like he was in this movie. I want to see on screen why the entire Empire is scared to death of him, let alone the Rebels...bring on the Violence and make it an R Rated movie Disney!!!

When I was in high school I played the devil out of a video game that was an origin story for Boba's father, Jango Fett. It was really great and the story was fascinating. If they can do a story about Boba or his father that was half that good, it will be an absolutely watchable movie.

Saw it last night. Really, really enjoyed it.

I like that they did enough to both constantly remind you that it's a Star Wars movie and also enough to make you understand that this was something different. No opening scrawl, different music, new locations.

It was less of the sprawling space epic that defines the main franchise and mostly a straight war movie. I loved that for a stand alone movie.

As said above, it gives me tremendous hope for the Han Solo feature.