Another police officer shot and killed

All Tell

Were the two of you worried about lighting up the White House over the past five decades, or just recently?

Since this is the first WH that has done it that I know, what would I have to complain about?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, your point was why didn't they complain before...well no one complained over the past 5 decades because no presidence of coloring the White House had been set. Once it was lit up for one or two things this year, then why not this too?

So basically, people are looking for things to be mad about.

I don't think the White House should ever be lit up for anything.

Since it has been lit up for the death of a Pop Star and for Gay Rights, why not light it up in Blue for massacred Police Officers?

Maybe also...

Can we light it up in Green every time a Army Soldier dies?

Can we light it up in Tan every time a Marine dies?

Will it be lit up in Red if Jordan dies?

Why wasn't it lit in a special way for Ali's death?

Maybe light it up in Orange and Green if the Hurricanes win the National Title this year?

It should have never been lit in any color but since it was, why stop with Prince?

It was never lit up for Prince nor Whitney Houston (as others have falsely claimed).

I guess it's one of many ways we can, are you not for us showing them every inch of respect possible, meaning why should we limit it? Because certain interest groups won't care for it?

No. I'm not for lighting up a building every time a service man/woman loses their life in the line of duty. I'm not for lowering the flag to half mast every time either. There are plenty of ways to show respect without doing that every single time. That doesn't diminish the tragedies or lessen their importance. By doing it all the time, it would cheapen it, IMO.

Nobody cared about doing it for everything until this Presidency. Like I said, people are looking for reasons to be mad.

No. I'm not for lighting up a building every time a service man/woman loses their life in the line of duty. I'm not for lowering the flag to half mast every time either. There are plenty of ways to show respect without doing that every single time. That doesn't diminish the tragedies or lessen their importance. By doing it all the time, it would cheapen it, IMO.

Nobody cared about doing it for everything until this Presidency. Like I said, people are looking for reasons to be mad.

Has the White House been lit up with colors for a specific event before this presidency? I honestly don't know.

Has the White House been lit up with colors for a specific event before this presidency? I honestly don't know.

I don't know either. I don't even know what events it has been lit up for during this one. Clyde already dismissed the two most recent.

I don't know either. I don't even know what events it has been lit up for during this one. Clyde already dismissed the two most recent.

It was lit up for Breast Cancer Awareness in 2013, and then for the whole gay rights thing whenever that was. Other than that, I cant find any other instance, which would then explain why people haven't brought it up until this presidency.