Another police officer shot and killed

All Tell

It comes across that way if that's how you choose to take it. If you change it for one officer, do you have to change it for every officer? Every fire fighter? That's not feasible.

Sorry, I though that it was a given that I was speaking from my own perspective, and didn't specifically have to say that I was only speaking on behalf of myself.

Also, anytime the flag is lowered would be a good start.

But I agree, I don't think it should be lowered every time. I am just trying to explain to you why, in my opinion, people are upset about it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that specifically, is what I was talking about.

My point in saying "specifically" is that it wasn't just a "hey, any ideas today on who we should show support to" thing. It was as a result of a landmark ruling.

As for the bolded, Barry let the cat out of the bag when he turned the White House into a rainbow. Should have never done that.

I agree on your last sentence. It is silly, but it just comes across like he doesn't feel like a fallen police officer, a person sworn to protect his community and makes numerous sacrifices the average person never has to even consider, yet has been increasingly targeted and attacked, should be honored in the same manner as gay rights were.

What's more moving? Lights or the flag at half staff?

P.S. It's "President Obama" and not "Barry." Don't fall into the trap of being disrespectful to those you disagree with. We saw it with President Bush and "Georgie." It's a bad look.

P.S. It's "President Obama" and not "Barry." Don't fall into the trap of being disrespectful to those you disagree with. We saw it with President Bush and "Georgie." It's a bad look.

Agreed. Is it really that hard for people to call someone by their proper titles and name?

Agreed. Is it really that hard for people to call someone by their proper titles and name?

Seems like a weird thing to complain about, especially after you just mentioned how people just look for things to get mad about. If it really upsets you and Clyde that much, then I guess I can look into changing it.

Seems like a weird thing to complain about, especially after you just mentioned how people just look for things to get mad about. If it really upsets you and Clyde that much, then I guess I can look into changing it.

You call them whatever you'd like. The Mods on here have given several warnings to use their proper names and titles, so figured it was worth a mention.

I am trying to change it. It's why I mentioned it to you. I've been saying it on here long before you came aboard officially. My dad was a Marine and a police officer. Your dad was a Marine. It's just natural for me to show respect even if I disagree.

I don't care for either of our two candidates. However, when one of them becomes President they will then be referred to by me with the title they have earned.

I am trying to change it. It's why I mentioned it to you. I've been saying it on here long before you came aboard officially. My dad was a Marine and a police officer. Your dad was a Marine. It's just natural for me to show respect even if I disagree.

I don't care for either of our two candidates. However, when one of them becomes President they will then be referred to by me with the title they have earned.

Exactly. But it's gonna be tough to call Hillary anything but Hillary, or Trump anything but Trump. Frankly, I'll struggle to put President in front of either, not out of disrespect for the position, but just used to calling each by their moniker.

Report came out today saying that Trump Jr called Gov Kasich after he quit the race and asked if he would like to be the "most powerful VP" ever. Says he would have complete control over domestic AND foreign policy. When asked what Mr Trump would be responsible for - "making America great again."

So maybe the VP DOES matter in this one.

Report came out today saying that Trump Jr called Gov Kasich after he quit the race and asked if he would like to be the "most powerful VP" ever. Says he would have complete control over domestic AND foreign policy. When asked what Mr Trump would be responsible for - "making America great again."

So maybe the VP DOES matter in this one.

That makes a vote for Trump even more tenuous, in my opinion.

Report came out today saying that Trump Jr called Gov Kasich after he quit the race and asked if he would like to be the "most powerful VP" ever. Says he would have complete control over domestic AND foreign policy. When asked what Mr Trump would be responsible for - "making America great again." So maybe the VP DOES matter in this one.

Source?