July 11, 201610 yr Guy makes a statement that is from a different perspective, but it's all old hat and tired, yada yada. That's about what I expected to see posted. That's we expect to see posted as well. I won't post on BGP the Killer Mike interview making the rounds in the black community but I'll share it with Deuce because most of you all wouldn't understand it and would likely take it the wrong way. It's from a different perspective but y'all wouldn't like it. So yeah, you're exactly right. Plus he isn't saying anything new. So yeah, old hat.
July 11, 201610 yr You could not pay me to be a police officer. I know we justifiably hammer on the media, but most pundits on television are not encouraging a racial divide and the hard news is simply reporting a juicy story. Social media, where most millennials on down get their information, is about encouraging a divide. Yesterday I am watching a video on fb where a group of teenagers are being settled by a couple of officers. One kid is brought to the ground and cuffed. Nothing special. When the officer stands, another kid (I think he was Hispanic, probably 14-15 years old) is in the officer's face, not letting him move. Simply provoking the officer to do something. Of course when he does take him down, the other 6 kids come cussing and screaming at the officer with video cameras rolling. I don't care what officers have abused power, you don't provoke matters. I genuinely believe in this narcissistic society we live, we are encouraging people to be agitators and they are praying they get taken against their will, inappropriately, in the name of "social justice." @PurplePride92 talks about BLM being misunderstood. In large part I agree. It is this faction of agitators which give it a bad name and the message gets lost.
July 11, 201610 yr That's we expect to see posted as well. I won't post on BGP the Killer Mike interview making the rounds in the black community but I'll share it with Deuce because most of you all wouldn't understand it and would likely take it the wrong way. It's from a different perspective but y'all wouldn't like it. So yeah, you're exactly right. Plus he isn't saying anything new. So yeah, old hat. Well, I guess I'm "y'all" and wouldn't understand. I'm out of this conversation. Disappointing all the way around really.
July 11, 201610 yr Well, I guess I'm "y'all" and wouldn't understand. I'm out of this conversation. Disappointing all the way around really. I've been saying it is a disappointing conversation for years.
July 11, 201610 yr I read the intitial post of the cop's ideas. Can't believe the guy has a badge and a gun. This is what happens when previously-powerless groups assert some new right. The institutional powers fight back. The Black community is saying "we matter. our lives matter. stop killing us." Pretty simple and basic stuff. And the response? Take your pick...blacks don't care about their lives (which is what the cop said in the initial post in this thread), blacks should fix all their own problems first before we address our problems, blacks should be more obedient in situations where we might kill them, blacks should have better fathers, blacks should have more accountability. Anything can and will be said to blame the black community. And in the meantime, the police departments will grow and buy riot gear, more jails will be built and more and more people will be arrested. Before you know it, we will have a country with the most incarcerated people and .....
July 11, 201610 yr Absolutely no way to find any common ground if every individual doesn't take personal responsibility.... I understand why people just say screw it and don't bother engaging in the conversation any longer. If every corner turned is another dead end, then why bother walking any longer ?
July 11, 201610 yr So you all think this guy is lying? Seems that way as as soon as he says something you all dont agree with that does not fit, you discount him, even though if I have read correctly over the years none of you are policeman or have experienced what his guy has? This would seem to be a problem in itself. Do you know how this looks in itself? Just saying if you want to change the world this man might be a good spot to start being he has experience in what he says, not message board experience. Nobody said he is lying. I don't agree with what he says because even if black on black crime stops today, that doesn't stop police brutality. Assuming that is asinine at best. His experience on the force doesn't change that fact either.
July 11, 201610 yr How about doing both is that better? I care about my three sons going into a society that doesn't give a crap if their life is taken by a punk because he's the same color. Who should my kids fear more? Odds are other black people not cops. Yeah theres bad ones out there. Ran into a few myself. That's not an excuse to hate, or condone killing by any color of any color including the same. Doing both is the best option, obviously. Stopping black on black crime doesn't fix police brutality. That is on the police.
July 11, 201610 yr Guy makes a statement that is from a different perspective, but it's all old hat and tired, yada yada. That's about what I expected to see posted. This is the first time you've seen the stance on black on black crime vs police brutality?
July 11, 201610 yr The narrative should be: We need to stop police brutality and find a way to rid cities like Chicago of extreme gun violence. Not do one first. Both sides are guilty of this argument. It should be but it isn't. Chicago go has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation. More gun laws won't help. The criminals ignore them. We should add in the assassination of police officers too.
July 12, 201610 yr Lying? No. But his testimony isn't the same testimony many other blacks are speaking on. So he is wrong just because many other blacks say something different? If he is in the minority and he dont fit the mold for a agenda he is just disregarded? Better listen closer. Black on Black numbers are getting higher every year or so I am told or read somewhere.
July 12, 201610 yr So he is wrong just because many other blacks say something different? If he is in the minority and he dont fit the mold for a agenda he is just disregarded? Better listen closer. Black on Black numbers are getting higher every year or so I am told or read somewhere. Black on black violence has been a serious issue since the 1980s. Why do you care now? Why is it when you find a black dude that says something you agree with you take it as gospel but when a black dude says something you don't agree with then he doesn't know what he is talking about and he is a divider?
July 12, 201610 yr Black on black violence has been a serious issue since the 1980s. Why do you care now? Why is it when you find a black dude that says something you agree with you take it as gospel but when a black dude says something you don't agree with then he doesn't know what he is talking about and he is a divider? Not to be argumentative, but you did the same thing earlier in this thread.
July 12, 201610 yr Black on black violence has been a serious issue since the 1980s. Why do you care now? Why is it when you find a black dude that says something you agree with you take it as gospel but when a black dude says something you don't agree with then he doesn't know what he is talking about and he is a divider? I never said anyone in this conversation was a divider. I am just saying from the outside looking in from someone who dont want anyone hurt, I think everyone should be more open to listen from both sides or any side that will stop killings of blacks whites etc, because the current thought process is not working. Why do I care now? Man I cant believe you even asked me that.
July 12, 201610 yr Not to be argumentative, but you did the same thing earlier in this thread. Where? I already know any links or stories that I post will be labeled wrong that's why I keep the ones I call good reads to myself. My links that I would label as good reads don't say anything like the Facebook post from this officer said. Edited July 12, 201610 yr by PurplePride92
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.