Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

From a Police Officer's Perspective...Good Read

Featured Replies

I never said anyone in this conversation was a divider. I am just saying from the outside looking in from someone who dont want anyone hurt, I think everyone should be more open to listen from both sides or any side that will stop killings of blacks whites etc, because the current thought process is not working.

 

Why do I care now? Man I cant believe you even asked me that.

 

I asked because I am not sure if people understand how it sounds when black on black violence is brought up repeatedly in these situations. As I stated the black community has been fighting and losing the battle to black on black violence since the 1980s and people are only bringing it up now to win arguments or to try to prove a point. For people such as myself who have been watching this losing battle for decades the tone and the nature of black on black violence conversations these days is insulting and maddening. Especially when people still don't want to look at or discuss the root cause of black and black violence and simply want to use it in a gotcha moment. Intentional or not that is how it comes across anymore. Clyde made a whole thread about it.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I asked because I am not sure if people understand how it sounds when black on black violence is brought up repeatedly in these situations. As I stated the black community has been fighting and losing the battle to black on black violence since the 1980s and people are only bringing it up now to win arguments or to try to prove a point. For people such as myself who have been watching this losing battle for decades the tone and the nature of black on black violence conversations these days is insulting and maddening. Especially when people still don't want to look at or discuss the root cause of black and black violence and simply want to use it in a gotcha moment. Intentional or not that is how it comes across anymore. Clyde made a whole thread about it.

 

What is the root cause of black on black violence?

What is the root cause of black on black violence?

 

The influx of drugs into the inner cities. I guarantee if you take away the drugs the excess murders will stop. Black on black violence didn't become a huge problem until drugs became a staple of money making for people in the inner cities. It's not a coincidence.

The influx of drugs into the inner cities. I guarantee if you take away the drugs the excess murders will stop. Black on black violence didn't become a huge problem until drugs became a staple of money making for people in the inner cities. It's not a coincidence.

 

I can agree with that.

Where? I already know any links or stories that I post will be labeled wrong that's why I keep the ones I call good reads to myself. My links that I would label as good reads don't say anything like the Facebook post from this officer said.

 

Post #16.

 

You don't agree with the other perspective so you badically discount it.

I can agree with that.

 

The worst part is that it affects the citizens and the cops negatively in those inner cities. Now they are pitted against one another while the government still profits off of the citizens and cops.

Post #16.

 

You don't agree with the other perspective so you badically discount it.

 

True. And then I followed it up with a question that was followed by you showing where I did it. My question still wasn't answered though. Why is it okay for some to discount perspectives and other perspectives are taken as the gospel? If I post a flattering story about Hillary or Obama how many people on here will say it was a good read? :lol2:

You could not pay me to be a police officer. I know we justifiably hammer on the media, but most pundits on television are not encouraging a racial divide and the hard news is simply reporting a juicy story. Social media, where most millennials on down get their information, is about encouraging a divide. Yesterday I am watching a video on fb where a group of teenagers are being settled by a couple of officers. One kid is brought to the ground and cuffed. Nothing special. When the officer stands, another kid (I think he was Hispanic, probably 14-15 years old) is in the officer's face, not letting him move. Simply provoking the officer to do something. Of course when he does take him down, the other 6 kids come cussing and screaming at the officer with video cameras rolling. I don't care what officers have abused power, you don't provoke matters. I genuinely believe in this narcissistic society we live, we are encouraging people to be agitators and they are praying they get taken against their will, inappropriately, in the name of "social justice." @PurplePride92 talks about BLM being misunderstood. In large part I agree. It is this faction of agitators which give it a bad name and the message gets lost.

 

I agree. Being a police officer takes a special breed just as being in the military. You DON'T become a police officer because:

  • it's a family tradition
  • you want to wear a badge
  • you want to carry a gun
  • you want to drive a patrol car
  • bully people around

 

You should take that PEO oath under the impression that you are willing to put your life on the line in order to protect and save others, not you're willing to take a life in order to go home under any circumstance. It is often a thankless job and society can not function without law and order, but be ready to accept what you take an oath for. It is too common (yes I said too common) for officers to have superman ego's because they have a gun and a badge. I have experienced both the good and the bad of a professional officer and a hot head. Much respect to the officers that know and separate the difference.

True. And then I followed it up with a question that was followed by you showing where I did it. My question still wasn't answered though. Why is it okay for some to discount perspectives and other perspectives are taken as the gospel? If I post a flattering story about Hillary or Obama how many people on here will say it was a good read? :lol2:

 

I don't think it's OK to discount either perspective. I just don't think it's right to call someone else out if I or you are doing the same thing.

 

BTW, there is no such thing as a good story about Hillary.Lol

I don't think it's OK to discount either perspective. I just don't think it's right to call someone else out if I or you are doing the same thing.

 

BTW, there is no such thing as a good story about Hillary.Lol

 

I was called out twice by two different people and responded. It's how I roll. :D

I was called out twice by two different people and responded. It's how I roll. :D

 

I would expect nothing less. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.