Jones taken off UFC 200 card

The more I think about this the more it ticks me off!

I really wanted to get behind Jones, the UFC guys that I know knew him and talked about how he was a nice guy and all.

NOW, I'm not going to say anything his character, with not knowing what drugs he tested positive for, and not knowing if those drugs give one an addictive behavior or not. Such as with OJ Mayo, as I recall they didn't say what he tested positive for, but the list is the NBA substances include drugs that can be very addictive, so in cases like Mayo's I won't judge a persons character when an addiction could have just taken over.

Do PED's cause strong additive behaviors if in fact Jones had PED's in him?

Cormier will take him down and destroy him IMO.

I was hoping Cormier would do that to Jones.

He tried that last fight and did not work out for him so well. Jones dominated him in the clinch and with the grappling. DC got one or two takedowns in that first fight and from his reaction you would have thought he won the belt. Jones can and will always dominate DC in a wrestling/grappling contest, or at least hold his own. No way I ever see DC "taking him down and destroying him".

But, we may never see Jones again so who knows?

He tried that last fight and did not work out for him so well. Jones dominated him in the clinch and with the grappling. DC got one or two takedowns in that first fight and from his reaction you would have thought he won the belt. Jones can and will always dominate DC in a wrestling/grappling contest, or at least hold his own. No way I ever see DC "taking him down and destroying him".

But, we may never see Jones again so who knows?

I said i think he'll do that to Silva. I hoped he would do it to JJ.

UFC has went away from what made Pride and UFC great. Events were great spectacles and lots of build up along with guys who came in on win streaks beating names.

Now, it's an event every week, most two times a week. They cut names that are gate keepers, fighters go on media tours that cuts into training so they push it and get injured.....

It's growing but not as interesting.

UFC 200 and UFC in general has really dropped off in a big way the past few months. Brock Lestner, a guy that wasn't even on the card until recently and hasn't fought in quite a while is now the main event.... Ouch.

Lesnar is the biggest draw the UFC has ever had, he owns the top selling PPV and multiple on the top ten list. Until Connor and Rousey he had 3 or 4 of the top 6 or something like that.

But I get what you're saying. This fight had a great build to it and would probably have did big numbers

Lesnar is the biggest draw the UFC has ever had, he owns the top selling PPV and multiple on the top ten list. Until Connor and Rousey he had 3 or 4 of the top 6 or something like that.

But I get what you're saying. This fight had a great build to it and would probably have did big numbers

Considering they've been promoting it for OVER a year, it's a weak card.

UFC has went away from what made Pride and UFC great. Events were great spectacles and lots of build up along with guys who came in on win streaks beating names.

Now, it's an event every week, most two times a week. They cut names that are gate keepers, fighters go on media tours that cuts into training so they push it and get injured.....

This. The fact that they're already up to number 200 is telling.

UFC 200 and UFC in general has really dropped off in a big way the past few months. Brock Lestner, a guy that wasn't even on the card until recently and hasn't fought in quite a while is now the main event.... Ouch.

What a terrible beginning of 2016. Rouse was supposed to be the undefeated champ fighting someone, McGregor was supposed to be fighting to unify the 140 and 155 belts...oops. Now you lose Jones. Just goes to show how hard planning these events are.

The UFC roster is HUGE now. I agree that they probably do have too many events, but they have the roster to do it for the most part. Guys are training so hard that they get injured, that's going to happen no matter what IMO.