Jones taken off UFC 200 card

Considering they've been promoting it for OVER a year, it's a weak card.

From top to bottom it was actually still a pretty dang good card. Would have been better with Diaz/McGregor and/or Jones/Cormier, but it's still a great card.

I mean, you had TJ Dillishaw fighting in prelims and Cain Velasquez (a main event guy) fighting in one of the first fights on the main card.

From top to bottom it was actually still a pretty dang good card. Would have been better with Diaz/McGregor and/or Jones/Cormier, but it's still a great card.

I mean, you had TJ Dillishaw fighting in prelims and Cain Velasquez (a main event guy) fighting in one of the first fights on the main card.

Aldo v Edgar was awesome. That Jose Aldo will smoke McGregor. He looked locked in.

Brock Lesnar dominated Mark Hunt.

Meisha looked like something was wrong from the beginning. She got destroyed.

Brock is a phenomenal athlete and wrestler, a genetic specimen.

He is a horrible fighter........I am a huge Hunt fan but Brock doesn't beat another top 10 HW......and Hunt splits with him if they fight 10 times.

Brock is a phenomenal athlete and wrestler, a genetic specimen.

He is a horrible fighter........I am a huge Hunt fan but Brock doesn't beat another top 10 HW......and Hunt splits with him if they fight 10 times.

Brock had not fought in 5 years. To day he's horrible is ignorant. Wrestling is part of fighting. He just beat a top 10 heavyweight after the 5 years off, that's impressive.

Brock had not fought in 5 years. To day he's horrible is ignorant. Wrestling is part of fighting. He just beat a top 10 heavyweight after the 5 years off, that's impressive.

Wrestling is a huge part of fighting. I probably shouldn't have said horrible fighter, but man he still really doesn't look good when people throw punches at him, has no standup what so ever and while he dominated Hunt on the ground, how much damage did he do?

A 5 round fight he would be in deep water.

Wrestling is a huge part of fighting. I probably shouldn't have said horrible fighter, but man he still really doesn't look good when people throw punches at him, has no standup what so ever and while he dominated Hunt on the ground, how much damage did he do?

He came back on short notice after a 5 year layoff. With a full camp he would do fine.

Got to watch the full fight on youtube last night. Lesnar is a beast of a man. He is huge, strong, and a skilled wrestler. But the only skill we saw from him in that fight was his take-downs of Hunt. His ground and pound was just brute force. At times he looked like he didn't know what to do with Hunt so after trying to think of a new tactic he'd give up and just go back to beating Hunts head and face.

"Ring Rust" doesn't do it justice. Lesnar never was the most skilled MMA practitioner any way, but he has lost a lot of the skill he had developed. I have no doubt he can go to work on some of his grappling skills and even striking offense and defense and look much better next time. But this time, it wasn't pretty. It wasn't worthy of top billing on the card either. But he is Brock Lesnar, and he is an athletic freak.

Jon Jones: oh no! Say it isn't so! I had so much respect for him as an athlete and a fighter and then he started this downward trend of negative activity and his character flaws began to show. I sincerely hope he gets his act together as a human being and can go on from here to regain the trust and respect of the people closest to him. Whether he ever has another professional MMA fight is the least of his concerns. He is at a crossroads. He could tank even further or he can become a decent human being and focus his efforts in a positive direction. He has a choice.

DC looked as devastated as Jon in the presser that Dana called to make the announcement about cancelling the bout. DC was devastated for himself and he even expressed empathy for Jones.

Kudos to Anderson Silva for stepping up to give the fans something to watch and providing DC with an opponent so he would get paid after all that hard work. As I understood Dana to say, DC may not have gotten any money even though he spent the last 8+ weeks training and doing promotion. At least, his Pay-per-view cut was in jeopardy thanks to Jones. Silva stepping up to give DC an opponent saved all of that, at least as I understand what Dana was saying at that initial presser announcement.

Pretty disappointing PM for me , the fights were a HUGE let down , the last couple co main's and the main were not good fights at all. Tate was ?? overmatched ?? Spider fought like a guy who was 41 , Brock and Hunt had no fireworks . Even Frankie's fight was lackluster .

The UFC missed on this one. UFC 200 was supposed to be huge with Jones and DC then the addition of Lesnar. I'm sure Dana was disappointed, but more importantly, I imagine his bosses were not happy.

I think they did the best they could considering Jones fell out at the last minute, and McGregor/Diaz fell through.