Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What purchase of $1,000 or more do you most regret?

Featured Replies

1982 Ford Mustang. In 1983. Might perhaps be the worst automotive machinery ever allowed to come out of Detroit.

Mine was a 32 inch TV I spent $1100 on in 2006. It was right before prices really started to fall on LCD TV's, and didn't have an HDMI connections (it used DVI). It was a fine enough TV, but was badly outdated within 12 months of my buying it.

The elliptical my wife bought. She's used it maybe 5 times in 3 years and still won't let me get rid of it and we have a gym membership. :ohbrother:

Could have been a month ago or twenty years ago, but what purchase of $1,000 or more do you most regret?

 

I'm going to say a Blazer we bought about ten years ago that just had one problem after another.

 

Surely a good tailor could have taken care of a fine investment like that for you.

 

:walk:

  • Author
Surely a good tailor could have taken care of a fine investment like that for you.

 

:walk:

 

rimshot.gif

Bassett sectional we bought several years ago and still have (though getting ready to toss it). $3,000, convinced the girl friend that it was top quality (Bassett USED to be a very reliable, top name brand in the furniture market). Was twice as expensive as anything else we were looking at. Bought it and it was not near the quality that something that expensive with the Bassett name should have been. Cushions deformed/broke down quickly, cushion covers started splitting almost immediately, and when taking them to a local seamstress to get repaired (Bassett would not repair them) she stated that the material wasn't that good. Arm rests and springs wore out way too soon. Bad piece of furniture, would not have been a good buy at $1,000.

And you'd apparently be MUCH wealthier, then. :D

True. Probably shave a couple years off my career and retire sooner, but I've had a grand time.

The elliptical my wife bought. She's used it maybe 5 times in 3 years and still won't let me get rid of it and we have a gym membership. :ohbrother:

 

They make great coat racks!

They make great coat racks!

Yep, I have my waders hanging on one down stairs

I'm with you JA. I can't think of many purchases that I've made that were over $1000' date=' so I don't regret any of them.[/quote']

 

Especially "toys" a car a house yes, I've done that. I hate paying retail for anything else lol. I bought a 60" floor model TV at Sams and got $100 off.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.