2018 SG CJ Fredrick (Covington Catholic)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He has really blown up. That is fantastic. When I saw him play 9 months ago, I thought meh...kinda slow, not very strong, not much there. He has evidently worked hard and keeps getting better. So, is he the most highly recruited player out of NKY since???

A lot of this recruiting is like life........who you know! Don't know the kid and never saw him play so not casting aspersions toward him just a blanket, factual statement.

"Who you know" might get you an initial look or have a coach stop by your game during the summer but it doesn't get you offers. Kid had a good summer and has continued to improve. Bottom line is that you are who recruits you whether that is high major, mid major, D2, etc

Scary depth this year. CovCath will be able to play 10 kids w/ very little loss in production.

Their depth is going to be crazy. They can essentially run out "different" teams. Want to go big? Check? Small and athletic at all 5? Check. Guard-dominated? Check. Pressing team? Check.

No question. Still have to put the ball in the basket more than your opponents. I'm just saying you'd better play really well to beat them. They and Cooper will be the 2 dominant teams.

Just a little fun bro....I know they are LOADED !!! Should be fun to watch this year and hopefully we can have a 9th Region team bring back the crown.

What type of depth will the Jags have?

You can only play 5 at a time and a 32 minute game is hard to run a well-coached team down using depth. CovCath has a lot of players - that may mean more in blowouts than in tight district/region games. Cooper will have ample depth - the lingering question seems to be whether Hendrix plays basketball. If he does, Cooper will have enough talent and #'s to challenge CovCath. My prediction - CovCath playing at home will drive the ball against Cooper to force physical play and get foul calls. No player can score from the bench, and foul trouble, rather than pace of play, is the best way to differentiate talent/depth in a game.