theguru

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats to St X and to the Camels.

Can somebody update me on the Camels runs scored versus given up during the district to state finals run? Pretty impressive numbers from what I heard.

And Mathew "Money" Reynolds of Campbell was on those teams as well. Old teammates going head to head.
Congrats to Money as well! That was a great group! Money and Conner another year on the diamond, Morgan and Hendrix on the grid iron and McNeil, Hawkins, Hemmerich, Gambrel, LaFrange and Hendrix back leading their teams in the gym. Talk about a group of athletes! A long way from 4th grade success!

A very tough loss for the Camels...last time a team from NKY came closer was 2002.

Congrats to x! Proud of our NKY CAMELS...

These boys exceeded expectations, and will be winners in the "Game of Life!" :thumb:

Congrats to St X and to the Camels.

Can somebody update me on the Camels runs scored versus given up during the district to state finals run? Pretty impressive numbers from what I heard.

If my math is correct 79-9. Only gave up 5 runs in state and I think only 2 were earned (2 HRs). Someone can go look at the box scores on that stat but I am pretty sure that is correct (it has been a long 2 weeks so I am pulling this from my tired brain). .

A very tough loss for the Camels...last time a team from NKY came closer was 2002.

Congrats to x! Proud of our NKY CAMELS...

These boys exceeded expectations, and will be winners in the "Game of Life!" :thumb:

Highlands made the finals last year

Simon Kenton made the finals in 2014

Beechwood made the finals in 2006

If my math is correct 79-9. Only gave up 5 runs in state and I think only 2 were earned (2 HRs). Someone can go look at the box scores on that stat but I am pretty sure that is correct (it has been a long 2 weeks so I am pulling this from my tired brain). .

Thanks! Knew it was an impressive run.

Far from the run ruled game predicted by the X faithful. Alot of people underestimated the heart and fight in these boys. Maybe now they can get the respect they deserve.

We also had a bit easier draw the way the bracket shaped up at state, but no doubt we played St. X tough in the title game and proved something there.

Casey Simon backed up Tristan Purcell at 2B as a sophomore on the state championship team of 2014. He played 2B last year with Avery Lane at SS. The home run was his first HR of the season and might of been his first on the varsity level. He is looking to playing club ball at the University of Virginia in the fall.

Connor Holden was the bell cow pitcher this year as a junior as Daniel Fischer struggled and Elliott had a separated non-throwing shoulder from sliding into second about a 1/3 into the season. He came in during the district championship against Male and finished the game. He did not pitch in the regional tournament as we got 3 complete games in the 7th region. We got 3 complete games in the state tournament and only used 4 pitchers during the district, region and state tournaments.

At one point we were 17-12, we lost to Trinity 10-0 in 5 innings with a line score of 0 runs, 1 hit, and 5 errors on a Friday night, and had a LONG talk after the game before jumping on bus at 7:15 am. The coaches did a wonderful job reminding them during that talk that St X lost to PRP 10-0 and lost to Male in the district tournament in 2014, and losing to your biggest rival by a run rule means nothing at all on May 13th if you continue to improve and play your best ball at the end. We lost against McCracken the next day and won the last 12. I thought we were going to fall short because we lost Ryan Davis (5th hitter) and Tanner Brown ( 6th hitter) after the district to injuries and frankly didn't think we had enough offense.

Hats off to the St Xavier coaches for playing out of state top teams, ( Brother Rice of Illinois, Lasalle, Moeller, Elder and Cincy St X of Ohio, Brentwood Academy of Tenn, Floyd Central and Cathedral of Indiana, ) going only 2-6 against them and playing Greenup #1, McCracken Cty # 2, Trinity #3, Central Hardin, Etown, Simon Kenton, North Bullitt, and Meade County and Lexington Catholic. Our tough competition showed us our flaws and we had many. Congrats to the Camels in an amazing run to final.