Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jim Matney's Pre-Game Comments

Featured Replies

I think many of you have been offended by remarks made by a coach before a big game and used as means of getting "HIS" team fired up. Nothing more nothing less. If he had made the comments in a newspaper, then he would be calling teams out. I think this entire thread is just silly!

  • Replies 139
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many of you have been offended by remarks made by a coach before a big game and used as means of getting "HIS" team fired up. Nothing more nothing less. If he had made the comments in a newspaper, then he would be calling teams out. I think this entire thread is just silly!

I agree it is silly.

I think many of you have been offended by remarks made by a coach before a big game and used as means of getting "HIS" team fired up. Nothing more nothing less. If he had made the comments in a newspaper, then he would be calling teams out. I think this entire thread is just silly!
Did Matney make these comments in a radio interview? If so, what's the difference between saying it there or in a newspaper?

 

If his goal is to "fire up" his team, he can make those comments in the locker room ... not in the public domain.

I think many of you have been offended by remarks made by a coach before a big game and used as means of getting "HIS" team fired up. Nothing more nothing less. If he had made the comments in a newspaper, then he would be calling teams out. I think this entire thread is just silly!

Matney's words on air might have stirred the pot a little but I don't think that is where most of the posts have derived from. The arrogance of a couple of people on here is what has driven most of the posts I think. In the end who really cares though. All schools have a couple of fans that make the program look bad. I don't know anybody scared of JC and I don't know any schools that JC is scared of. From that standpoint it is a silly thread.

This seems like a good stopping point.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.