Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 51 Lloyd 3

Featured Replies

SK looked solid tonight, the major problem tonight occured after TD's, the kicking game needs a bit of work. Strange play early in the game when Nathan Ponzer hauled in an apparent 70+ yard TD reception but fumbled at the goaline giving the Juggs a first down at their own 20 yard line. Ponzer did end up with 2 TD receptions and the rest of the scores came by the way of the rush. Lloyd does have a very nice receiver in #7, big kid with good hands, good luck the rest of the way for the Juggs. Next for SK will be Seneca at the Governor's Bowl at Woodford Co.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice first win for the 'Neers! Unlike some of the other local teams tonight, glad to see SK perform as predicted. Best of luck for the rest of the season, Juggs.

 

NF, I wasn't able to make it tonight...any obversations on how Bishop and Haught were utilized (together, alternated, did one get more early carries, etc)? For the kicking game issues, is it the kicker, the holder, the blocking, all of the previous?

By any chance is #7 for Lloyd Charles Johnson? That would be my first guess.

By any chance is #7 for Lloyd Charles Johnson? That would be my first guess.

 

I agree that #7 was a very good receiver, however he seemed a little soft or dazed playing safety on defense, had a few shots at big hits and didn't make contact, both were passes for touchdowns. Good start for SK, good luck to Lloyd the rest of the way.

  • Author
Nice first win for the 'Neers! Unlike some of the other local teams tonight, glad to see SK perform as predicted. Best of luck for the rest of the season, Juggs.

 

NF, I wasn't able to make it tonight...any obversations on how Bishop and Haught were utilized (together, alternated, did one get more early carries, etc)? For the kicking game issues, is it the kicker, the holder, the blocking, all of the previous?

 

Bishop had more carries I'd say he went for at least 150yds but Haught had a very nice average per attempt. I'd guess he went for 75+ rushing yards, he's long and gives you some body to attack but he hits the hole quick and looks like a very nice addition. Coach M pulled the starters after 3 full quarters and at that time I think Lloyd was pretty much wore out, SK didn't throw the ball at all in the 2nd half but they were getting huge chunks of yardage against a smaller Lloyd squad. As far as the kicking game goes I'm not really sure, they went for two about half the time but they can't afford misses once districts start.

  • Author
Now theres a score you don't see everyday from SK land

 

 

They honored 40yrs of SK football tonight, I've been around for about 25 of those and I can't remember too many games that ended with 12 minutes of JV action. I've seen some beat downs but we've been on the receiving end of 90% of those.

They have a couple of kickers that they alternate at the position. #30 Mark Schadler and not sure of the other players number but his name is Bryan King. They are both soccer players and they looked a little green tonight, but i'm sure they'll pull it together

Bishop is a big big back. I love to watch him run, and when he lowers his shoulders into defenders he can be next to impossible to bring down. Nate Ponzer looked very very good . I see him and Tommy Gibson (who will start next week due to late paperwork in his transfer) being the Pioneers top two recievers this year pending the amount of receptions by TE Justin Kohrs. Tommy is very dangerous and is a player to watch for. Josh Elbert played some good ball but IMO he runs a bit too much and he should put that arm on display more often. Elbert is a D1 prospect. Enough said.

  • Author

What year is Gibson, Jr or Sr?? I don't see how he starts over Kleeman. Elbert is a very good athlete, he had a decent season last year but I expect big things out of #2, he's a dual threat behind center and SK hasn't had one of those in over 15 years.

Tommy Gibson is a JR. He played on both sides of the ball (WR/DB) last year for Dixie and he is one to watch! Great addition for SK!

This is awesome, couldn't make the game due to work(be hard to make any) but this is a big step in the right direction. Hopefully this sets the tone for the team for the year, congrats to the players and coaches.

SK looked very good tonight, and Lloyd has a long way to go. I think Gibson is going to be a key addition to SK starting next week...

Bishop is a big big back. I love to watch him run, and when he lowers his shoulders into defenders he can be next to impossible to bring down. Nate Ponzer looked very very good . I see him and Tommy Gibson (who will start next week due to late paperwork in his transfer) being the Pioneers top two recievers this year pending the amount of receptions by TE Justin Kohrs. Tommy is very dangerous and is a player to watch for. Josh Elbert played some good ball but IMO he runs a bit too much and he should put that arm on display more often. Elbert is a D1 prospect. Enough said.

 

 

He is the Quintessential "Bruising Back" and every DB's nightmare...I think they have nice balance with Elbert throwing the ball and Ponzer being a deep threat. Not too familiar overall with the team but I know the line is experienced so I like SK's chances of atleast being a contender to win the 4 A District crown. I was not impressed with Dixie last night.

Congratulations Pioneers. Great win.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.