Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Racism or not?

Featured Replies

Bonds is reaching here. It's not racist. As Clizzy said, it's all about intent.

 

With that said any white guy like myself who grew up loving hip hop knows when out at the bar to go radio edit on that word.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With that said any white guy like myself who grew up loving hip hop knows when out at the bar to go radio edit on that word.

 

Also true.. I will definitely say that white teens these days are MUCH more comfortable using that word, regardless of what the situation is.

Also true.. I will definitely say that white teens these days are MUCH more comfortable using that word, regardless of what the situation is.

 

This is true too. :lol2:

Also true.. I will definitely say that white teens these days are MUCH more comfortable using that word, regardless of what the situation is.

 

Not to get to serious. But could it be because their black friends don't care as much now.

 

Just from my experience I would never say it out of respect for the friends I grew up with. I knew it bothered them.

 

I guess it could also be those kids don't grow up around people who aren't white.

Not to get to serious. But could it be because their black friends don't care as much now.

 

Just from my experience I would never say it out of respect for the friends I grew up with. I knew it bothered them.

 

I guess it could also be those kids don't grow up around people who aren't white.

 

Read his whole post though. :lol2:

Glorification of crap' date=' breeds more glorification of crap.[/quote']

 

No idea what you are saying.

Also true.. I will definitely say that white teens these days are MUCH more comfortable using that word, regardless of what the situation is.

 

Agreed and it's weird...

Also true.. I will definitely say that white teens these days are MUCH more comfortable using that word, regardless of what the situation is.

 

#DjangoEffect heard so many times watching the movie I was afraid I was going to start saying :lol2:

No idea what you are saying.

 

Perpetual use and glorification of that word, breeds more of it, regardless of intent in my opinion.

Perpetual use and glorification of that word' date=' breeds more of it, regardless of intent in my opinion.[/quote']

 

Gotcha. I think that is seen in what others are saying about white kids being comfortable with it.

Don't see it as racism.

 

I've noticed the use of the word by many white teens and they are with their black friends when I have heard them. Of course, they are saying it ending with an a versus the er. The black guys with them don't seem to care as they are using the same language towards the white guys.

 

Very different times we are living in. I have taught my kids to NEVERuse this word. A or er ending.

So I am the only person who was offended by the other words in the song?! I guess Barry is ok with some guy saying the other things in the song to his daughter; just don't use that one word. :rolleyes:

Don't see it as racism.

 

I've noticed the use of the word by many white teens and they are with their black friends when I have heard them. Of course, they are saying it ending with an a versus the er. The black guys with them don't seem to care as they are using the same language towards the white guys.

 

Very different times we are living in. I have taught my kids to NEVERuse this word. A or er ending.

 

This. It is unacceptable in my household.

 

My sons have lots of black friends. My youngest especially. I've seen their texts and heard all of them call each other "My N---" at times both black and white. They don't say it around Mrs C and I, and they definitely don't say it in my house.

 

I don't think any of them use the word loosely anymore. I'm hoping we got that through their heads as adults.

This. It is unacceptable in my household.

 

My sons have lots of black friends. My youngest especially. I've seen their texts and heard all of them call each other "My N---" at times both black and white. They don't say it around Mrs C and I, and they definitely don't say it in my house.

 

I don't think any of them use the word loosely anymore. I'm hoping we got that through their heads as adults.

 

What about the B word? Have you taught your sons that it's never acceptable to call a woman that?

What about the B word? Have you taught your sons that it's never acceptable to call a woman that?

 

Absolutely.

 

Our sons are quite chivalrous. Especially for this day and age.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.