Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

You Rank 'Em: Top 10 2018 players in Kentucky

Featured Replies

Which of those 10 do you have him in front of?

 

Sorry, not going to name names to be little any kid. But there is one on the list that I would definitely put him in front of. Can't wait when all of this really shakes out in two years.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyelar Potter 6'3 wing from Warren Central and Wyatt Battiale 6'4 wing from Pikeville

 

He is a really nice player that definitely is under the radar. He plays AAU for Louisville Lightening. He has good size, can shoot and is a good rebounder. 2018 is loaded, and he is a good example of that.

Sorry' date=' not going to name names to be little any kid. But there is one on the list that I would definitely put him in front of. Can't wait when all of this really shakes out in two years.[/quote']

 

 

Saying one kid is better than another is not belittling. You're not saying the kid can't play at all.

Which of those 10 do you have him in front of?

 

Clyde and Wildcat fan, how many of these kids have you seen play this spring? If I was a betting man I would say not many. You do realize that some kids do plateau and some get a lot better. Sometimes high school ball makes kids look better than they really are until they play against elite competition. Sometimes kids play so much better in spring/summer ball than high school because of a coach holding them back such as Hawkins from SK. Again, until you have seen all of these kids play this spring/summer and have seen how some have progressed or plateaued then you can make a somewhat legit list. Stop going off of past rankings and exposure and go out and really watch them play and then you can make a better informed list.

It's just an opinion list. Heck the so called experts can't even get it right. Good conversation piece. This is a deep and talented group...I don't know if there are any national elite players in the state; but very talented none the less

Clyde and Wildcat fan, how many of these kids have you seen play this spring? If I was a betting man I would say not many. You do realize that some kids do plateau and some get a lot better. Sometimes high school ball makes kids look better than they really are until they play against elite competition. Sometimes kids play so much better in spring/summer ball than high school because of a coach holding them back such as Hawkins from SK. Again, until you have seen all of these kids play this spring/summer and have seen how some have progressed or plateaued then you can make a somewhat legit list. Stop going off of past rankings and exposure and go out and really watch them play and then you can make a better informed list.

 

You're new so you obviously haven't paid attention to my past posts. No issues but let me clear it up for you.

 

I'm a fan of the kid. I've stated that as recently as this week probably in a thread you've posted in. Not sure how you missed it.

 

I've also been around the block a few times - pretty close to the game. No need to go Basketball 101 on me and explain the issues with rankings.

 

I have not seen the kids play. YOU made the claim he's top 10. All I'm asking is you state where he is on the list and who you're removing.

You're new so you obviously haven't paid attention to my past posts. No issues but let me clear it up for you.

 

I'm a fan of the kid. I've stated that as recently as this week probably in a thread you've posted in. Not sure how you missed it.

 

I've also been around the block a few times - pretty close to the game. No need to go Basketball 101 on me and explain the issues with rankings.

 

I have not seen the kids play. YOU made the claim he's top 10. All I'm asking is you state where he is on the list and who you're removing.

 

Clyde, I apologize if I came across that way because it was completely un-intentional. I just know a lot of people continually rank some of these kids simply because of there past hype and they have never seen the up and comers. Again, I apologize to you because you did not start the thread and were only asking a question. I am still not going to give my opinion on who he should replace on the list. I just know that he has a better overall game than one of the kids on the list and I will just leave it at that.

Clyde, I apologize if I came across that way because it was completely un-intentional. I just know a lot of people continually rank some of these kids simply because of there past hype and they have never seen the up and comers. Again, I apologize to you because you did not start the thread and were only asking a question. I am still not going to give my opinion on who he should replace on the list. I just know that he has a better overall game than one of the kids on the list and I will just leave it at that.

 

Sorry, just re-looked at the list. There are 2 on the list that I know of that he has a better over all game than.

I had to take this list to 15 because there were some kids I just felt like I couldn't leave off....

 

1. Trevon Faulkner

2. Steven Fitzgerald

3. Ahmad Price

4. Andrew Taylor

5. Adam Kunkel

6. JJ Reed

7. Trey Hill

8. Jalen Johnson

9. Skylar Potter

10. Rodriguez Thomas

11. Mickey Pearson

12. Omar Keita

13. Anthony Wales

14. Shorty Cager

15. Jarius Key

Edited by Doubletake1906

I've had an opportunity to see a lot of these kids it's very hard to rank this class but I would have to say Stephon Franklin of Louisville Doss should be in Top 10 for sure

I had to take this list to 15 because there were some kids I just felt like I couldn't leave off....

 

1. Trevon Faulkner

2. Steven Fitzgerald

3. Ahmad Price

4. Andrew Taylor

5. Adam Kunkel

6. JJ Reed

7. Trey Hill

8. Jalen Johnson

9. Skylar Potter

10. Rodriguez Thomas

11. Mickey Pearson

12. Omar Keita

13. Anthony Wales

14. Shorty Cager

15. Jarius Key

 

That is a lot better list. Obviously you have seen most of these kids and not just using the hype that they have had in middle school.

  • Author
I had to take this list to 15 because there were some kids I just felt like I couldn't leave off....

 

1. Trevon Faulkner

2. Steven Fitzgerald

3. Ahmad Price

4. Andrew Taylor

5. Adam Kunkel

6. JJ Reed

7. Trey Hill

8. Jalen Johnson

9. Skylar Potter

10. Rodriguez Thomas

11. Mickey Pearson

12. Omar Keita

13. Anthony Wales

14. Shorty Cager

15. Jarius Key

 

Agreed this is a very talented group and hard to whittle down to 10.

 

One point of order, Rodriguez Thomas is 2019.

  • Author
That is a lot better list. Obviously you have seen most of these kids and not just using the hype that they have had in middle school.

 

Why is it you won't put your own list out but you will tell us repeatedly that Kunkel is better than most? The point of the thread is to rank this kids. Give your list.

Why is it you won't put your own list out but you will tell us repeatedly that Kunkel is better than most? The point of the thread is to rank this kids. Give your list.

 

I will admit that I have not seen all of the kids play. I have seen Price, Taylor, and Kunkel and a few of the others. In my opinion no matter where you rank Price, Taylor and Kunkel should be ahead of him. What sets Taylor and Kunkel apart from Price is that they both can really stroke it from the outside. Ahmad really needs to focus on improving his shot. I think Kunkel has a better handle than both of them. They all 3 can get to the rim equally as well. The only edge that I would give Price is his strength and hops. That is something that the other two will improve on the next two years.

I do not think my observations qualify me to rank the entire 2018 top ten but...... There is one guy that I have seen a lot of, and have not seen his name on any of this threads lists. Cobe Penny out of Anderson county. His stats, I believe, warrant consideration. 20.1 PPG/ 6.8 RPG/ 46% FG. I'm assuming his size and upside are what hurt him as a prospect. I don't have his stats but I believe he is only about 5'11", but offsets a lot of that with some pretty impressive athleticism. I'm not suggesting he should be in the top 10, but if not, where would you guys put him?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.