Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marques Bolden set to announce at 2:30 P.M. ET on Thursday 5/19/16

Featured Replies

Who do you start him over at UK? Bam Bam is the 5 for sure, in my opinion better than Bolden, and them 2 both on the floor at the same time would have been tough, Jefferson will start at Duke at the 4 and Bolden the 5. I am wondering who is the odd man out at Duke? And who are they starting at the PG?

From what I hear Bam is a 4. Bolden is a back to the basket 5.

My guess is UK would have started Bolden, Bam, Willis( or Briscoe), Fox and Monk.

  • Replies 194
  • Views 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bam does'nt look like a 4 to me? I know he doesn't appear to ever shoot out from 4 feet, I know Bolden is a back to the basket guy. I still do not think both would have started at UK because of both's in ability to knock down perimeter shots

I think you have this backwards. He would have started for Kentucky but at Duke he will more than likely come off the bench and play around 10-12 minutes per game. He's not going to root out the seasoned veteran players that play his position at Duke.

 

The question is will Coach K have to revert to the platoon system to keep everyone happy with playing time. I say not. He sells them on the "family" angle and they will have to sit at the little table before advancing to eat at the big table with the older folks.

 

Bolden would have had twice or more playing time at UK than he will get at Duke, and would have touched the ball much more as well. And he knew that too. But in the end he went with his mom's wishes more than his own. That's my take on it, anyway.

 

I'll be shocked if Bolden doesn't start at center.

 

I fully expect the starting lineup to be:

 

Jackson

Allen

Tatum

Giles

Bolden

 

Jones, Jefferson, DeLaurier and Jeter off the bench. This is where the loss of Thornton hurts. Not much depth at guard.

 

I don't see Coach K platooning. He coaches to win titles not showcase players for the NBA.

Where is Luke Kinard? Is he still there? No PG will hurt this team, but they are loaded for sure, I love Tatum and Giles together

I'll be shocked if Bolden doesn't start at center.

 

I fully expect the starting lineup to be:

 

Jackson

Allen

Tatum

Giles

Bolden

 

Jones, Jefferson, DeLaurier and Jeter off the bench. This is where the loss of Thornton hurts. Not much depth at guard.

 

I don't see Coach K platooning. He coaches to win titles not showcase players for the NBA.

 

Where does Kennard fit in all this. That's a great scorer to be on the bench.

Man. Thanks to those who are contributing to this threading being exactly what I wanted it to be after the decision. :lol2: :lol2:

Where does Kennard fit in all this. That's a great scorer to be on the bench.

 

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

 

I forgot about Luke. He'll push Jones even further down the bench.

 

 

I forgot about Luke. :lol2: :lol2:

 

This is so awesome.

I'll be shocked if Bolden doesn't start at center.

 

I fully expect the starting lineup to be:

 

Jackson

Allen

Tatum

Giles

Bolden

 

Jones, Jefferson, DeLaurier and Jeter off the bench. This is where the loss of Thornton hurts. Not much depth at guard.

 

I don't see Coach K platooning. He coaches to win titles not showcase players for the NBA.

 

If I had to guess, I'll say Chase Jeter ends up being the odd man out, and will transfer out after the season.

At least the thread isnt about players going to U of L, oh wait a minute it never is hahahah. Actually my final 4 prediction M. State, L-ville, UK and Duke, and I am not saying what year :)

Kentucky isn't going to be chopped liver next year. They're loaded too, unless Briscoe decides to go pro. The Blue Devil's do have more depth, though.

 

If the Cats and Devils meet in the Final Four it will indeed be a very entertaining and interesting game.

If I had to guess, I'll say Chase Jeter ends up being the odd man out, and will transfer out after the season.

 

Definitely a possibility but based off of his performance this season I'd expect him to be a 3-4 year player regardless of his school. I think if he is going to leave he should do it now instead of later.

To be fair to Bolden and how he announced it' date=' Ulis called Kentucky, "Kentucky University" at the combine last week and he'd been at the school for 2 years. :lol2:[/quote']

 

Once heard a kid say "University of Ole Miss."

I really think he will have to platoon some, too much talent not to.

 

Nah. I don't see it the same. The only ones who absolutely have to be on the court are the starters and Kennard. Jones and Jefferson will be asked to be leaders in reduced roles and they will comply. With the talent they have playing Jones and Jefferson more than 15 minutes a game is way too much.

At least the thread isnt about players going to U of L, oh wait a minute it never is hahahah.

 

Yet we still compete for titles. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.