Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marques Bolden set to announce at 2:30 P.M. ET on Thursday 5/19/16

Featured Replies

Same. I'd be ruled ineligible before I ever made it out of high school.

 

I'd be a statistic somewhere that's for certain.

  • Replies 194
  • Views 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm calling it now UK goes 40-0. Duke 39-1.

 

And yes this is a coping mechanism....

Bad Request

 

This sort of behavior does not seem typical of a Coach K program, which preaches respect and classiness. Although, between this tweet and the way Coach K has behaved of late, maybe we shouldn’t be completely surprised.

Bad Request

 

This sort of behavior does not seem typical of a Coach K program, which preaches respect and classiness. Although, between this tweet and the way Coach K has behaved of late, maybe we shouldn’t be completely surprised.

 

Guess it got removed because it's not there anymore.

Gotta say I'm surprised, but congrats and good luck to the kid. From my earlier prediction I was still 1 percent right though, so I wasn't completely wrong. Duke will be loaded next year, but depending on who if anyone drops out of the draft and how the frosh pan out for UK, I could see these two teams meeting in the second or third round of the tourney. I would say in the championship game, but the ncaa doesn't have enough sense to allow that to happen.

Gotta say I'm surprised, but congrats and good luck to the kid. From my earlier prediction I was still 1 percent right though, so I wasn't completely wrong. Duke will be loaded next year, but depending on who if anyone drops out of the draft and how the frosh pan out for UK, I could see these two teams meeting in the second or third round of the tourney. I would say in the championship game, but the ncaa doesn't have enough sense to allow that to happen.

 

They tried to make it happen in 2015. Wasn't Duke's fault it didn't happen.

Bad Request

 

This sort of behavior does not seem typical of a Coach K program, which preaches respect and classiness. Although, between this tweet and the way Coach K has behaved of late, maybe we shouldn’t be completely surprised.

 

Don't forget Grayson Allen tripping everyone in sight this season and Jahlil Okafor trying to whip folks in street fights. And don't forget JJ Redick's vulgar celebration after every three pointer he made while at Duke. And Gerald Henderson elbowing Hansbrough. Don't forget that as well.

They tried to make it happen in 2015. Wasn't Duke's fault it didn't happen.

 

You are correct, Duke had a really tough road to the championship that year.

You are correct, Duke had a really tough road to the championship that year.

 

Agreed.

Don't forget Grayson Allen tripping everyone in sight this season and Jahlil Okafor trying to whip folks in street fights. And don't forget JJ Redick's vulgar celebration after every three pointer he made while at Duke. And Gerald Henderson elbowing Hansbrough. Don't forget that as well.

 

We vow to never forget all of these transgressions, not sure how you Duke fans live with yourselves.

 

Coach Cal tries to lay low, not bring any attention to himself and Coach K tries to lure him into a controversy...

We vow to never forget all of these transgressions, not sure how you Duke fans live with yourselves.

 

Coach Cal tries to lay low, not bring any attention to himself and Coach K tries to lure him into a controversy...

 

There is no such thing as bad publicity.

Congrats on your pick, Duke is a very fine school and great educational institution..

 

I hate Duke and hope you hate it and lose every game.(period)

 

I hope your mom takes money from boosters and gets caught and takes down the program.

 

Now I feel better.

He would have added some depth to UK for sure, would not have started and that is the reason he is at Duke, he will start for them and they are loaded for sure. They are some really good teams next year so hang on tight college basketball fans.

UK starting 5 vs. Duke starting 5 someone please help

1. Fox

2. Briscoe

3. Monk

4. Jones

5. Bam Bam

He would have added some depth to UK for sure, would not have started and that is the reason he is at Duke, he will start for them and they are loaded for sure. They are some really good teams next year so hang on tight college basketball fans.

UK starting 5 vs. Duke starting 5 someone please help

1. Fox

2. Briscoe

3. Monk

4. Jones

5. Bam Bam

 

I think you have this backwards. He would have started for Kentucky but at Duke he will more than likely come off the bench and play around 10-12 minutes per game. He's not going to root out the seasoned veteran players that play his position at Duke.

 

The question is will Coach K have to revert to the platoon system to keep everyone happy with playing time. I say not. He sells them on the "family" angle and they will have to sit at the little table before advancing to eat at the big table with the older folks.

 

Bolden would have had twice or more playing time at UK than he will get at Duke, and would have touched the ball much more as well. And he knew that too. But in the end he went with his mom's wishes more than his own. That's my take on it, anyway.

Who do you start him over at UK? Bam Bam is the 5 for sure, in my opinion better than Bolden, and them 2 both on the floor at the same time would have been tough, Jefferson will start at Duke at the 4 and Bolden the 5. I am wondering who is the odd man out at Duke? And who are they starting at the PG?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.