Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Seven things I'm learning about transgender persons

Featured Replies

 

Actually its the guy willing to dress up like a woman to get into the girls bathroom.

 

I have 2 major issues (concerns):

1) How is anyone ever going to tell who is truly transgender from birth vs those pedophiles that willing to act that way for that particular time to get into the rest room? What legal ground is anyone now going to have to be able to tell that person no you can't go in there?

2) As stated above, we are talking about 1% of the people in the world. Why are we taking such drastic action for that percentage? Most schools have a closed door (private restroom). Can the transgenders not ask to use that rest room? I'm not trying to be mean or unsympathetic, but do we have to change everything for them?

 

My point is that a pedophile doesn't care about the law or policies either way. Gun free zones don't work and neither to pedophile free zones is my point.

 

Your child is in danger just because they are alive. Life is am inherently fatal and dangerous condition. Isn't the same crowd that talkes about this the same one that always proudly talks about how tough kids were back in the "old days" anyway?

 

Worrying about this is the new gay marriage because that battle has already been lost and the Rs need something else to rile up the religious right.

 

As a libertarian I frankly don't care one iota about anyone's personal life as long as no one is being harmed. Let each company have their own policies on it if they wish or just go laissez-faire if they wish. The government has no reason to get involved unless a crime is committed.

These issues have been present for a long, long time and probably mishandled from the beginning.

 

The greater concern is that we are talking about less than 1% of the overall population, yet we seem to be spending an inordinate amount of resources and effort to "make right" for this small makeup of the population.

 

The fair question is to ask "why" ? Why is this the most talked about topic on a daily basis on the general news feed ? Why do we have the Justice Department banging down the doors of bathroom stalls everywhere ? Why in the entire world is the President of the United States issuing decrees of righteousness for this part of the population ?

 

We have all been led down a path for this particular issue for some reason. I'm not anti, against, discriminatory or any other label you may want to slap on me...I'm more curious about "why", why now and after we have sorted out the bathroom usage issues, what's next?

 

I'm sick and tired of being told I have to put away my belief system because of someone else's belief / lifestyle / issue. If that makes me a bigot, then so be it. I do not believe it does. I believe I am entitled to my own beliefs and practices without needing to change them for someone else.

 

These instances have been used and talked about in another thread, but bottom line no law would have prevented any of these things from happening. The behavior in all of these cases is already criminal behavior and covered by existing laws. Making a new law only criminalizes the act of a transgender person using the "wrong" bathroom. It's already illegal to film, photograph or attack/abuse anyone (not just our wives/sisters/daughters....we still avoid mention of and ignore any same sex abuse of boys in the men's room) in any bathroom. Unless it's only transgender people committing the crime, a new law specifically to address them, is unecessary.

[h=1]Seven things I’m learning about transgender persons[/h]OPINIONMARK WINGFIELD | MAY 13, 2016

Wingfield.jpg

 

 

7. Transgender persons are the product of nature much more than nurture. Debate the origins of homosexuality if you’d like and what role nature vs. nurture plays. But for those who are transgender, nature undeniably plays a primary role. According to medical science, chromosomal variances occur within moments of conception, and anatomical development happens within the nine months in the womb. There is no nature vs. nurture argument, except in cases of brain development, which is an emerging field of study.

 

This last point in particular raises the largest of theological questions. If Christians really believe every person is created in the image of God, how can we damn a baby who comes from the womb with gender dysphoria? My pediatrician friend puts it this way: “We must believe that even if some people got a lower dose of a chromosome, or an enzyme, or a hormonal effect, that does not mean that they got a lower dose of God’s image.”

 

I don’t know much about transgender issues, but I’m trying to learn — in part because I want to understand the way God has made us. For me, this is a theological quest as much as a biological inquiry or a political cause. How about you?

 

 

So this point would support the idea that our lives begin at conception and therefore abortion is murder, right?

  • Author
So this point would support the idea that our lives begin at conception and therefore abortion is murder, right?

 

I am not digging that deep into it myself. I thought it was a well written article on a subject we all should be exploring.

I hate that rather than accommodate a transgender via separate bathroom/changing area, we have to open up the whole restroom so they don't feel left out! 1% of the population putting the rest at more risk. Doesn't make sense to me.

These issues have been present for a long, long time and probably mishandled from the beginning.

 

The greater concern is that we are talking about less than 1% of the overall population, yet we seem to be spending an inordinate amount of resources and effort to "make right" for this small makeup of the population.

 

The fair question is to ask "why" ? Why is this the most talked about topic on a daily basis on the general news feed ? Why do we have the Justice Department banging down the doors of bathroom stalls everywhere ? Why in the entire world is the President of the United States issuing decrees of righteousness for this part of the population ?

 

We have all been led down a path for this particular issue for some reason. I'm not anti, against, discriminatory or any other label you may want to slap on me...I'm more curious about "why", why now and after we have sorted out the bathroom usage issues, what's next?

 

I'm sick and tired of being told I have to put away my belief system because of someone else's belief / lifestyle / issue. If that makes me a bigot, then so be it. I do not believe it does. I believe I am entitled to my own beliefs and practices without needing to change them for someone else.

 

This!

Item 2 was new information to me.

 

Gay gene, Bro. It is going to be fully understood in our lifetime.

I may go to jail because of this new "law." If I'm at Central park with my kids and an adult male wants to enter the female bathroom while my daughter is in there, I can promise you he's not going to be entering the female bathroom. If he wants to wait outside until my daughter comes out then I'm okay with that, but if he tries to tell me he's a woman so he is allowed in there, we would have a problem.

Wouldn't it just be easier if public restrooms were unisex? Does it matter if the person in the stall next to me is a dude vs a woman?

 

Not sure we want guys in our bathrooms. My husband used to hate taking our little ones into men's bathrooms. He said guys pee all over the seats, the floors, and in the sink.

 

Now, we girls still have some who still think you can get diseases from the toilet seat. They can make a mess, but otherwise, women's bathrooms are cleaner, I have heard.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.