A Thought on Immigration...

born2reign

You think Jesus would side with the "kick the illegals out" mantra when it comes to kids that made no choice to be here and have never known any other home?

So when other Christians ask the same thing on other issues ?

Plus if I remember correctly Jesus said "Obey the laws of Ceaser here on earth and my father's laws in Heaven "

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like I said in post 24, GUILTY. I will ask for forgiveness and continue to treat these kids with kindness, hope and understanding. I will also continue to vote for people that realize that these children did not decide to break a law and that their parents' decisions are not their own.

Since when does choice matter if you are breaking the law. Ignorance has never absolved anyone when it comes to the law.

I agree something different than sending them all back needs to happen. Sending 11 million or whatever the number is back isn't feasible. But also allowing open borders isn't very feasible either.

There needs to be a system put in place , but it also shouldn't bump those breaking the law ahead of those doing it legally to be US citizens.

I'd be fine for every child who came here illegally to be absolved if they joined the military.

[ATTACH]55631[/ATTACH]

You can post all the native american memes you want. Only people who appeal to emotion care about that. My biggest concern is that those on the left are not offering solutions, especially with border security. This will only lead to the those on the right of the political spectrum having their plans implemented. I have seen those in person, it's not fun to watch.

Just like I said in post 24, GUILTY. I will ask for forgiveness and continue to treat these kids with kindness, hope and understanding. I will also continue to vote for people that realize that these children did not decide to break a law and that their parents' decisions are not their own.

I will continue to vote for people that understand we are a land governed by laws and we can't just ignore the ones we don't like. If we do that then anarchy will rule.

You can post all the native american memes you want. Only people who appeal to emotion care about that. My biggest concern is that those on the left are not offering solutions, especially with border security. This will only lead to the those on the right of the political spectrum having their plans implemented. I have seen those in person, it's not fun to watch.

That is the only Native American meme that I've posted. I think that it appeals to more than emotion.

Some have put forth a partial solution - The Dream Act and similar legislation. However, others consider it amnesty and won't listen to ANY solution except "ship 'em all home" which is not a viable (or to me, acceptable) solution. So, here we sit, in a giant stalemate.

That is the only Native American meme that I've posted. I think that it appeals to more than emotion.

Some have put forth a partial solution - The Dream Act and similar legislation. However, others consider it amnesty and won't listen to ANY solution except "ship 'em all home" which is not a viable (or to me, acceptable) solution. So, here we sit, in a giant stalemate.

There is more than just amnesty possibilities. I believe most on here know that the box em' up and ship them home method is not economically feasible and has legal factors as well. There are better solutions than enabling illegal behavior via amnesty. Added security measures across the border, reforming or getting rid of NAFTA, legalizing drugs, punish companies, etc. If not, no one should be shocked with more border militia, hatred towards immigrants, SB 1070 bills, and raids separating families.

There is more than just amnesty possibilities. I believe most on here know that the box em' up and ship them home method is not economically feasible and has legal factors as well. There are better solutions than enabling illegal behavior via amnesty. Added security measures across the border, reforming or getting rid of NAFTA, legalizing drugs, punish companies, etc. If not, no one should be shocked with more border militia, hatred towards immigrants, SB 1070 bills, and raids separating families.

So, you consider the Dream Act amnesty?

None of your solutions deal with the people that are already here.

There is no way to round "them all up" and send them back. But we have to deal with the problem. First you have to stop "them, being Illegals" coming in. Gotta stop that first. Then deal with the "illegals" that are currently here. Figure out a way for a pathway to citizenship for the good people who are just here for a better life. The bad ones ( killers, drug runners, gangs) send them back. But we have to start somewhere and its not gonna be easy.

Provide the legal pathway first so we can use the new tax payers funds to police the border. A wall won't work...just a dumb idea. More agents and technology would be more effective.

"...if you build a 30-foot wall, all it's going to do is create a market for 31-foot ladders." -- John Oliver

Provide the legal pathway first so we can use the new tax payers funds to police the border. A wall won't work...just a dumb idea. More agents and technology would be more effective.

"...if you build a 30-foot wall, all it's going to do is create a market for 31-foot ladders." -- John Oliver

Nope. You have to secure the border first. Pathway comes second. If you don't secure the border first, you just add more to those needing a pathway.