Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A Thought on Immigration...

Featured Replies

And my Christian conscience allows me to obey the law and support it.

 

Jesus said we had to obey laws made by man.

You think Jesus would side with the "kick the illegals out" mantra when it comes to kids that made no choice to be here and have never known any other home?

  • Replies 93
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think Jesus would side with the "kick the illegals out" mantra when it comes to kids that made no choice to be here and have never known any other home?

 

I do not ever imagine what Jesus would think. He is the Jesus and I am not that intelligent or arrogant as to think I know what Jesus would think.

I've said this before....

 

The illegal Mexican folks I come in contact with regularly KNOW they are not suppose to be here. They use to try to stay out of sight, over the last 5 years they nolonger seem to care about being seen or caught.

 

I'm for all the immigrants our country can accept after doing extensive background checks.

 

How can any country have an open boarder allowing millions of people to simply walk in?

I do not ever imagine what Jesus would think. He is the Jesus and I am not that intelligent or arrogant as to think I know what Jesus would think.

We will continue to agree to disagree, then. The Bible is full of stories of how Jesus reacted to situations and what he commands us to do. It is my interpretation that whether or not someone else has broken a law, my duty is help him or her. It is also my interpretation that children who made no choice to break a law should not be treated as those who do.

We will continue to agree to disagree, then. The Bible is full of stories of how Jesus reacted to situations and what he commands us to do. It is my interpretation that whether or not someone else has broken a law, my duty is help him or her. It is also my interpretation that children who made no choice to break a law should not be treated as those who do.

 

Jesus told us to follow the laws of man also.

 

You can paint it however you wish, you are for breaking the law if you don't agree with it.

 

I don't agree with marijuana being against the law. Doesn't matter what I think, it is against the law.

I've said this before....

 

The illegal Mexican folks I come in contact with regularly KNOW they are not suppose to be here. They use to try to stay out of sight, over the last 5 years they nolonger seem to care about being seen or caught.

 

I'm for all the immigrants our country can accept after doing extensive background checks.

 

How can any country have an open boarder allowing millions of people to simply walk in?

 

They can't and survive, particularly if they are the biggest target in the world. That's why we have to secure our borders first, then figure out what to do with people who are already here.

 

have no problem with a path to citizenship if it involves some type of penalty for breaking the law in the first place. Don't make it so onerous that people will just stay underground. Figure out a way to discover who is not a threat (which is the overwhelming majority), and get rid of those who are.

Jesus told us to follow the laws of man also.

 

You can paint it however you wish, you are for breaking the law if you don't agree with it.

 

I don't agree with marijuana being against the law. Doesn't matter what I think, it is against the law.

 

Just like I said in post 24, GUILTY. I will ask for forgiveness and continue to treat these kids with kindness, hope and understanding. I will also continue to vote for people that realize that these children did not decide to break a law and that their parents' decisions are not their own.

Just like I said in post 24, GUILTY. I will ask for forgiveness and continue to treat these kids with kindness, hope and understanding. I will also continue to vote for people that realize that these children did not decide to break a law and that their parents' decisions are not their own.

 

Well-stated.

Just like I said in post 24, GUILTY. I will ask for forgiveness and continue to treat these kids with kindness, hope and understanding. I will also continue to vote for people that realize that these children did not decide to break a law and that their parents' decisions are not their own.

 

Last numbers I saw there were over 11 million illegals, 1 million of them under 18.

 

That leaves 10 million by my count.

Last numbers I saw there were over 11 million illegals, 1 million of them under 18.

 

That leaves 10 million by my count.

 

I don't doubt your numbers. I've been teaching 20 years and those from my first class, now almost 40, are still my "kids."

 

The "kids" I speak of have only every known this as their home. The idea of sending them "home" to Mexico is absurd.

I don't doubt your numbers. I've been teaching 20 years and those from my first class, now almost 40, are still my "kids."

 

The "kids" I speak of have only every known this as their home. The idea of sending them "home" to Mexico is absurd.

 

That's fine, I'm just pointing out that your use of the word children has it's limits.

 

Ten million are not children. I think few would share your idea that a 40 year old fits the term.

That's fine, I'm just pointing out that your use of the word children has it's limits.

 

Ten million are not children. I think few would share your idea that a 40 year old fits the term.

How many of those ten million were children when they were brought to the US? Those are the ones I am concerned with first.

How many of those ten million were children when they were brought to the US? Those are the ones I am concerned with first.

 

And you obviously have every right to be, just as others have every right to see a 40 year old differently.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.