A Thought on Immigration...

born2reign

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we give them the land back ?

I'd love to have some of the land back that my ancestors had. :sneaky:

Look what's done is done. Can't go back in time and change things. The only point of these memes is just to point out that this country was built by immigrants who wiped out, mistreated, and demonized the native population, while forcing them to assimilate into a foreign culture. And now fast forward, we now demonize immigrants and fear they are destroying our culture.

Sorry, I just find the meme's funny. Guess I was wrong:idunno:

Nope. Can't put the toothpaste back into the tube.

But if we start running out of room in a century or two, if I lived north of the border I'd be one nervous Canadian.

No, but maybe we should be more understanding when poor individuals seek out a better life for their families. Even more than that, maybe we shouldn't yell "send 'em back!" to children and young adults who have no memories of a country before the US and are, instead, trying to be contributing individuals to our society.

No, but maybe we should be more understanding when poor individuals seek out a better life for their families. Even more than that, maybe we shouldn't yell "send 'em back!" to children and young adults who have no memories of a country before the US and are, instead, trying to be contributing individuals to our society.

I'm all for LEGAL immigration.

We should not award those that have broken our laws. I am punished if I break the law and so should they.

I'm all for LEGAL immigration.

We should not award those that have broken our laws. I am punished if I break the law and so should they.

I know some young men that were ages 2, 3 and 5 years old when they were brought to the US. Send 'em back where they came from? They are law breakers!!!!!!

I'm sorry. I sincerely get sick to my stomach when people start throwing around the whole "breaking the law" excuse for forgetting that these are people, most of whom simply want a better life than the poverty that they live in. These people will never have the money required to come here legally. And the thought of punishing children like the young men I mentioned is so far from morally right that I can't stand it.

I know some young men that were ages 2, 3 and 5 years old when they were brought to the US. Send 'em back where they came from? They are law breakers!!!!!!

I'm sorry. I sincerely get sick to my stomach when people start throwing around the whole "breaking the law" excuse for forgetting that these are people, most of whom simply want a better life than the poverty that they live in. These people will never have the money required to come here legally. And the thought of punishing children like the young men I mentioned is so far from morally right that I can't stand it.

So let's just forget all our laws and just do what we want, when we want.

So you find it morally objectionable to obey the law?

I don't forget they are people. You can't just ignore the law because you don't like it. Unless you're Obama of course.

So let's just forget all our laws and just do what we want, when we want.

So you find it morally objectionable to obey the law?

I don't forget they are people. You can't just ignore the law because you don't like it. Unless you're Obama of course.

Again, what should be done with those young men?

Again, what should be done with those young men?

Sure, send them back. They are not legal citizens of the USA.

If my parents took me, as a child, illegally to another country, they should deport me if I am found to be illegal.

Is it the child's fault, no. It doesn't make them any less illegal, however.

Sure, send them back. They are not legal citizens of the USA.

If my parents took me, as a child, illegally to another country, they should deport me if I am found to be illegal.

Is it the child's fault, no. It doesn't make them any less illegal, however.

Well, there we have it.

I'm not for any immigration legislation that does not provide an eventual path for citizenship for young people like this.