Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Officers Preaching To Drivers

Featured Replies

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since he was warned previously he needs to be disciplined. Firing may very well be appropriate given how much this is going to cost his employer. Not sure how powerful his union is though.

Since he was warned previously he needs to be disciplined. Firing may very well be appropriate given how much this is going to cost his employer. Not sure how powerful his union is though.

Not all police officers are in unions, most have to defend themselves on their own. I don't think Indiana State Police are Unionized.

Since he was warned previously he needs to be disciplined. Firing may very well be appropriate given how much this is going to cost his employer. Not sure how powerful his union is though.

 

Most "police unions" around KY are a complete joke. In other words, they offer very little protection to individual officers.

What is the context of him discussing it and what specific laws did he break ?

What is the context of him discussing it and what specific laws did he break ?

 

The fact that he was in a position of authority and those having to listen to his preaching were effectively detained and had to sit through it and couldn't leave, this breaks numerous ethics violations and since he was already warned, serious punishment is needed.

  • Author
What is the context of him discussing it and what specific laws did he break ?

 

I don't think laws were broken.

I don't think laws were broken.

 

 

Probably not, but insubordination will usually get you fired.

  • Author
Probably not' date=' but insubordination will usually get you fired.[/quote']

 

Yessir

Probably not, but insubordination will usually get you fired.

 

I agree with this 100%. If your boss tells you to do something and you want to keep your job you do it.

 

I was just wondering because there are many stories of Judges quoting scripture from the bench or speaking of God.

 

I was just trying to pinpoint what he did that was outrageous.

Well, he could argue that these are his "sincerely held religious beliefs" that require him to proselytize to every person he meets. And if Indiana has, or passes, a law similar to that discussed in the other thread about Mississippi, then it would be unlawful to punish him for acting on those beliefs. He should move to Mississippi.

 

I wonder how long this thread would be if the cop were a Muslim, asking motorists about Allah?

I got preached at while doing the field test in the wind and snow and when I mentioned it was cold while wearing a thin jacket and was told 'alcohol makes your blood thin - that is why you are cold.'.

 

Snot-nose self righteous kid was my thought.

I agree with this 100%. If your boss tells you to do something and you want to keep your job you do it.

 

I was just wondering because there are many stories of Judges quoting scripture from the bench or speaking of God.

 

I was just trying to pinpoint what he did that was outrageous.

 

Good point on the judges, don't believe I've ever heard of them being reprimanded.

Well, he could argue that these are his "sincerely held religious beliefs" that require him to proselytize to every person he meets. And if Indiana has, or passes, a law similar to that discussed in the other thread about Mississippi, then it would be unlawful to punish him for acting on those beliefs. He should move to Mississippi.

 

I wonder how long this thread would be if the cop were a Muslim, asking motorists about Allah?

 

C'mon, people. Those of you who think this is "no big deal" because you're in agreement with the trooper in question need to address MF's post.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.