2016 Class 4A Preseason Top 10

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean because of the late hire of Coach B is why they weren't prepared?

Yes. They had no spring practice, no true offseason and their first time on the field with their new coach was in July. The beginning of their schedule was crazy. Not only were they installing a new offense in a month but they were playing high quality opponents. The coaches were still getting used to each other, the players were still getting used to the system and their new coach and none of them knew what to expect once the lights came on. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Wayne County game is when it all started to come together on offense. They only scored 14 points that game but mentally they recognized what they are capable of doing with that offense and they then recognized that the tough opponents were behind them and they got down to executing and putting away weaker opponents the way they should have been.

I expect them to give Central Hardin a good game. Different team and different mindset entering this season. It makes a difference.

I'll pipe in here and say John Hardin is potentially as talented as they have been in several years. Huge Junior and Senior classes with athletes all over the field. All skill positions are back with depth at these positions. Only question is if the Witherspoon kid comes back and starts at QB. He will be rusty early on after missing last year, but by the end of the year you won't want to play JH.

I'll pipe in here and say John Hardin is potentially as talented as they have been in several years. Huge Junior and Senior classes with athletes all over the field. All skill positions are back with depth at these positions. Only question is if the Witherspoon kid comes back and starts at QB. He will be rusty early on after missing last year, but by the end of the year you won't want to play JH.

I didn't make a preseason poll because my overall knowledge of 4A is limited. That being said I have known that John Hardin should be back to being John Hardin this year and I'd easily have them as a top 5 team in 4A and arguably a top 3 team with South Warren and Johnson Central. I agree with your entire post.

Is Witherspoon expected back?

Except (and, a big except here) the secondary as well an ILB in Nikko Lloyd who was the brother of SS/OLB Thomas Lloyd who graduated (as I'm sure you knew).

Key losses:

-Entire Secondary

-LB, Thomas Lloyd (moved)

-Two OL (one being Center Christian Keese who was injured the last few games of the year as is)

-QB Shay Stone

-WR Jacobi Smith (one of three WR's that saw a lot of action)

Returners:

-Entire backfield (Ayers, Livers, Short, Rheinheimer, Cleveland)

-3/5 of the OL or 4/6 counting their TE (Keener) who started as a freshman.

-Entire front four on the DL (had a solid 6-8 man rotation). Not much size going on there, but a pretty active, physical, sound bunch.

-Two LB's (RJ Mooring & Brian O'Neil)

-Kicker/Punter Devonte Guillory who has to be one of the Top 3-4 in the state at those spots.

Except (and, a big except here) the secondary as well an ILB in Nikko Lloyd who was the brother of SS/OLB Thomas Lloyd who graduated (as I'm sure you knew).

Key losses:

-Entire Secondary

-LB, Thomas Lloyd (moved)

-Two OL (one being Center Christian Keese who was injured the last few games of the year as is)

-QB Shay Stone

-WR Jacobi Smith (one of three WR's that saw a lot of action)

Returners:

-Entire backfield (Ayers, Livers, Short, Rheinheimer, Cleveland)

-3/5 of the OL or 4/6 counting their TE (Keener) who started as a freshman.

-Entire front four on the DL (had a solid 6-8 man rotation). Not much size going on there, but a pretty active, physical, sound bunch.

-Two LB's (RJ Mooring & Brian O'Neil)

-Kicker/Punter Devonte Guillory who has to be one of the Top 3-4 in the state at those spots.

Great post Harry and spot on. I'm confident they will replace the secondary losses. Smalling and Witherspoon should fill in nicely there. Also Cleveland can play cornerback if necessary. I just hope the young lineman learned from last year and hit the weights this winter.

Word that I have heard is he is coming back but not to John Hardin. He is going to North to team up with Tony Jackson for basketball. He may or may not play football this year anyway but he will be on the court with Tony Jackson at North Hardin

I've heard he'll be back at John Hardin and will play football. But I'm sure that can easily change.

• 2 weeks later...