Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trump Campaign Manager Charged With Simple Assault

Featured Replies

So a woman should allow a man to rough her up a little if she is doing something he don't like?

 

Cool. :isurrender:

 

This was a Breitbart reporter! Trump friendly. Well...was!

 

That's not what he said or implied and you know it. Just stop already.

 

He was pointing out how ridiculous many in America have become.

  • Replies 138
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That'd be cool if that was your wife, daughter, or sister?

 

Trump must have been issued the weakest SS detail because they just seemed to walk beside this threatening lady.

You are asking people that aren't seeing anything wrong with a video, primarily because the "victim" didn't appear to be victimized, how they would react and expecting what kind of a response? Had she reacted like something happened, those around her reacted like something happened, etc. you might get a different response. I don't think we want to start sifting through video footages of security detail acting like this. We can probably watch videos for days.

You are asking people that aren't seeing anything wrong with a video, primarily because the "victim" didn't appear to be victimized, how they would react and expecting what kind of a response? Had she reacted like something happened, those around her reacted like something happened, etc. you might get a different response. I don't think we want to start sifting through video footages of security detail acting like this. We can probably watch videos for days.

 

I asked them to use some empathy by placing a loved one in the spot of the reporter.

 

I said earlier, if the security detail would have done this, I would have cringed but said some of the similar things you fellas are saying with the exception of stuff like this nation is "sissified" and the nation is "ridiculous."

I asked them to use some empathy by placing a loved one in the spot of the reporter.

 

I said earlier, if the security detail would have done this, I would have cringed but said some of the similar things you fellas are saying with the exception of stuff like this nation is "sissified" and the nation is "ridiculous."

 

No my family would never do something like this. And I never said the nation was "sissified" or "ridiculous" . I said some people are. I dont have alot of empathy for people who think they are above the law or breaking the rules that people have set in their own rallies or venues. Including my family if they break those rules. Should have not been acting out of place. Actions have consequences. :thumb:

  • Author
That'd be cool if that was your wife, daughter, or sister?

 

Trump must have been issued the weakest SS detail because they just seemed to walk beside this threatening lady.

 

I would have no problem if this was my wife or daughter.

 

This is beyond silly. That lady is trying to get attention for her career or she's trying to make Trumps campaign look bad.

 

If this had happen to any democrat candidate, there's not a poster on this thread who would think it was a assault of any kind.

 

It's like people pouring hot coffee on themselves then pressing charges against a restaurant.

delete.

 

This delt with aspect of security. But looking at the video again - there is no perimeter around Trump. Seemed sloppy unless these people were all prescreened to get into the room in such close quarters.

Edited by Bluegrasscard

You are asking people that aren't seeing anything wrong with a video, primarily because the "victim" didn't appear to be victimized, how they would react and expecting what kind of a response? Had she reacted like something happened, those around her reacted like something happened, etc. you might get a different response. I don't think we want to start sifting through video footages of security detail acting like this. We can probably watch videos for days.

 

Frankly, I'm surprised by the glib reaction to it in this thread (or not, I suppose). I think Hellcats is right that if someone grabbed and slung someone's wife or daughter in this manner they would be met with violence and not a shrug.

 

People are complaining that what he did was not violent enough to warrant being charged. I will defer to guru on that, but I believe if I did the same to a woman I would need a lawyer.

 

First, the security video's very slow frame rate confirms it happened the way she and others said, but it's otherwise poor quality. You can see what you want to see in it. But, Lewandowski said he never touched her, that she was delusional, and the campaign said she was grabbed by security, not staff. Other than the Trump campaign's allergy to truth, this is a strange response from someone who did nothing wrong, no?

 

Second, he jerked her hard enough to leave a hand size bruise on her arm. That does not indicate to me he was being soft or was merely pulling her away. I don't believe this would be treated so lightly in any other scenario. Third, you say if it were so bad others would have reacted, but in the other videos from reporters nearby they do react. You can hear a reporter in one gasp something like "Oh my god! Did Corey do that?" The WaPo reporter next to her can be seen confronting Lewandowski directly afterwards on some videos.

 

As to her motives, she worked for an over-the-top conservative website which had been mostly backing Trump up to this point and took his side in the immediate aftermath. It's since led to turmoil there as their editor quit in protest over it, which is also strange to do over nothing.

Frankly, I'm surprised by the glib reaction to it in this thread (or not, I suppose). I think Hellcats is right that if someone grabbed and slung someone's wife or daughter in this manner they would be met with violence and not a shrug.

 

 

 

First, the security video's very slow frame rate confirms it happened the way

 

Second, he jerked her hard enough to leave a hand size bruise on her arm. That does not indicate to me he was being soft or was merely pulling her away. I don't believe this would be treated so lightly in any other .

 

All of that is very debatable.

If my wife was doing what she did and got pulled aside like that, then she should have know her boundary. I think my wife is a lot tougher than this so called reporter who already has a history of complaints.

Although not PC, they have a responsibility to protect the candidate from a threat, regardless of the gender of that threat. Common sense seems to be a missing piece of a lot of folks DNA lately.

Frankly, I'm surprised by the glib reaction to it in this thread (or not, I suppose). I think Hellcats is right that if someone grabbed and slung someone's wife or daughter in this manner they would be met with violence and not a shrug.

 

People are complaining that what he did was not violent enough to warrant being charged. I will defer to guru on that, but I believe if I did the same to a woman I would need a lawyer.

 

First, the security video's very slow frame rate confirms it happened the way she and others said, but it's otherwise poor quality. You can see what you want to see in it. But, Lewandowski said he never touched her, that she was delusional, and the campaign said she was grabbed by security, not staff. Other than the Trump campaign's allergy to truth, this is a strange response from someone who did nothing wrong, no?

 

Second, he jerked her hard enough to leave a hand size bruise on her arm. That does not indicate to me he was being soft or was merely pulling her away. I don't believe this would be treated so lightly in any other scenario. Third, you say if it were so bad others would have reacted, but in the other videos from reporters nearby they do react. You can hear a reporter in one gasp something like "Oh my god! Did Corey do that?" The WaPo reporter next to her can be seen confronting Lewandowski directly afterwards on some videos.

 

As to her motives, she worked for an over-the-top conservative website which had been mostly backing Trump up to this point and took his side in the immediate aftermath. It's since led to turmoil there as their editor quit in protest over it, which is also strange to do over nothing.

You are getting a glib reaction because this looked on video like the same footage people see daily with media, fans, protestors, agitators, bystanders, and so forth that get near those with security detail. That doesn't mean she "deserved what she got", was asking for it, nor am I being dismissive of it all, but this did not appear to be an abnormal situation. The reaction and hysteria to it all is. Well, it is normal around the Trump circus.

 

There are plenty of other questionable abuses by those working his events that seem more egregious than this.

I had to go back and watch the video another dozen times trying to see what I missed. Just to be clear we are talking about we are talking about the manager grabbing her arm and pulling her away? Is that correct? That's what's been described as roughing up?

 

Did I miss something? Is there additional video of him throwing her on the ground or knocking her down or punching her?

You are getting a glib reaction because this looked on video like the same footage people see daily with media, fans, protestors, agitators, bystanders, and so forth that get near those with security detail. That doesn't mean she "deserved what she got", was asking for it, nor am I being dismissive of it all, but this did not appear to be an abnormal situation. The reaction and hysteria to it all is. Well, it is normal around the Trump circus.

 

There are plenty of other questionable abuses by those working his events that seem more egregious than this.

 

I also find this security angle to be a disingenuous rationalization of what happened. Before this video was released the company line was that he did not touch her. Now, he was acting nobly to protect his boss, excusing his behavior. If this was truly what happened then why did he nor the campaign immediately say this? Why did they wait until the video came out to spin this new narrative?

 

But, this new excuse doesn't stand up to reason either. Lewandowski is not a security agent. Trail reporters are universally on a first-name basis with the campaign staff. Trump was surrounded by reporters (a daily occurrence for them). She was not a stranger who jumped a barrier. Lewandowski knew who she was, obviously. He was mad she was asking more questions.

 

I also object that this is only news because it's Trump. If any other candidate's campaign manager got physical with a reporter it would be A1 news. Cruz fired Rick Tyler for making a video that caught some heat for being misleading. If his campaign manager did this no one would have paid it any mind? No way.

I also find this security angle to be a disingenuous rationalization of what happened. Before this video was released the company line was that he did not touch her. Now, he was acting nobly to protect his boss, excusing his behavior. If this was truly what happened then why did he nor the campaign immediately say this? Why did they wait until the video came out to spin this new narrative?

 

But, this new excuse doesn't stand up to reason either. Lewandowski is not a security agent. Trail reporters are universally on a first-name basis with the campaign staff. Trump was surrounded by reporters (a daily occurrence for them). She was not a stranger who jumped a barrier. Lewandowski knew who she was, obviously. He was mad she was asking more questions.

 

I also object that this is only news because it's Trump. If any other candidate's campaign manager got physical with a reporter it would be A1 news. Cruz fired Rick Tyler for making a video that caught some heat for being misleading. If his campaign manager did this no one would have paid it any mind? No way.

To the first paragraph on acknowledging what did or didn't occur, I agree. That is the Trump Company... err... campaign way of operating. Speak haphazardly and clarify if necessary later based upon reaction.

 

The rest I hear you, but I respectfully disagree.

  • Author

If this was my wife, and I filed charges on her behalf, she would divorce me out of embarrassment.

If this was my wife, and I filed charges on her behalf, she would divorce me out of embarrassment.

My wife would have went all Jackie Chan and then we'd all have something to talk about.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.